Position: Production Support Engineer
Department: Production Date: March 2019
An opportunity for an experienced and energetic Production Support Engineer to join a fast-growing, multi-site company.
The role requires specialism in the support and maintenance of high-end workstations across the full range of the production capabilities – moving image post, print, design and CG.
The ideal candidate will also provide Production consultation – recommending equipment and workflows, research and development of evolving technologies and developing investment plans (and controlling operating expenses) in conjunction with studio leads and heads of production.
Core experience and skills
- Extensive experience in a similar role, supporting production-related IT platforms
- Demonstrable advanced skills installing, trouble-shooting and supporting various systems such as Adobe CC
- Depth of knowledge and expertise across Linux and OSX workstations and system administration
- Server administration (Linux, Mac and Windows) and storage management (SAN environments, OSX Server)
- Licensing and plug-in management and support
- Archiving and Ethernet/fibre networking
- Liaising with hardware and software support teams and approved vendors
- Production workflow set up and support
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple high priority tasks
- Work within an ITIL framework, in particular, seeking continuous improvement to service delivery, effective change management and working towards defined SLAs.
- Undertake any other activities that are reasonably required
Desirable experience skills
- Quantum StoreNext storage solutions
- A good understanding of dependent IT systems such as IP network protocols and fabre channel environments
- Demonstrable advanced skills installing, trouble-shooting and supporting various systems and applications in VFX, Edit and MCR environments – specifically the full Adobe suite, Flame, Flame Assist, DaVinci Resolve, Pro Tools and Nuke
- Editorial and VFX workflow procedures – Offline / Online, XML, EDL etc
- Workflow set-up and support including media delivery, encoding, QC etc
- Print technology, including colour manager and colour server operations
- Experience with Xinet / GMG / Twist print services & Proofers
Team / operations
- Prioritise effectively under pressure and demonstrate a sense of urgency relevant to a delivery-focused facility
- Mobility and energy to work across a multi-site environment
- Effective stakeholder management ensuring appropriate communication at all levels.
- Propose technically and commercially sound recommendations to aid the continuous improvement of the environment
- Appropriate knowledge sharing including documentation is created an accurately maintained following Groupe standards, to ensure it remains relevant and always up to date.