Production Manager – The Third Floor – London WC2A
Company: The Third Floor
Location: London WC2A
The Third Floor
THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization studio dedicated to supporting the production of next-generation media content for feature film, television, commercials, video games, virtual reality and themed attractions. Working hand-in-hand with directors, producers and key crew, the company’s artists bring specialized skills to storytelling and computer animation to create digital versions of shots and scenes to streamline physical production and post. Since its founding in 2004, the company has contributed to breakthrough projects from Avatar to Gravity. Recent credits include Avengers: Endgame, Joker, Spiderman: Far From Home, Season 8 of Game of Thrones. THE THIRD FLOOR has received 5 Emmy Awards, as well as awards from the Visual Effects Society, the Themed Entertainment Society, Hollywood Post Alliance and SIGGRAPH.
The Production Manager is central to Previs project management. They manage the day to day operations across multiple projects. You will work closely with clients managing their schedules and expectation and with the Previs Supervisors &Talent team to successfully crew and deliver projects on brief, and on budget.
- Multiple project focussed – line management of assigned shows
- Deliver assigned projects on brief, on schedule & to budget
- Manage client relationship and changing needs for assigned shows
- Maintain accurate track project revenue and actuals
- Take responsibility to bid additional work on existing projects and seek PO/Change Order
- Responsible for the projects schedule, setting milestones and managing overall deliverables. Delegate to coordinators & APMs as required
- Understand and work with Casting in addition to project Supervisors, to successfully cast talent required
- Work with HOP and the Talent team to forecast recruitment and staffing requirements for current and unconfirmed projects
- Oversee show-based coordinators and ensure good organisation of meetings, deliveries, note taking and project reporting
- Attends Milestone Client reviews and key check-ins with the Client Production
- Ensure best security practices of the show assigned to them
- Attends weekly Company Production and Casting Meetings
- Runs weekly Project specific Production meetings
- Responsible for Show post mortems and Wrap for all assigned shows
- Report project status directly to HoP and draw attention to show specific needs and issues
- Manage show related, pipeline, editorial & IT needs including the deployment of equipment for offsite shows
- Work with our other locations (LA) on cross-site shows as and when required
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly internally and to client
- Maintain a positive, upbeat, creative and professional team while being pro-active and solution-oriented
- Mentor, support training and provide feedback for Annual Reviews of assigned coordinators
- Other ad hoc duties as may be reasonably expected of the post-holder
- Previous industry experience at VFX Line Producer or Production Manager level
- Strong scheduling abilities
- Expert knowledge of Office packages (incl. Excel, Word & Project)
- In depth understanding of film production workflows and practices
- Highly organised, first-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Project budget management experience
- Existing knowledge of production databases, including Shotgun & Filemaker
Training & Development – We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
Coffee Wednesdays – Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialise and have that all-important screen break!
Monthly Offsite Team Lunches – Once a month we like to treat our workers located at the film studios to a team lunch.
Work-life balance – We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
Social events – We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold annual summer picnics, Christmas party and a February blues party.