Production Coordinator – Viacom International Media Networks – London
Company: Viacom International Media Networks
Viacom International Media Networks
Department: V Creative
Reporting To: Production Manager, V Creative
Location: Hawley Crescent, Camden
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
V Creative is a fast moving department with a high turnover of short-form work. The department is responsible for creative output ranging from promos, social, brand development through to high profile multiplatform 360 marketing campaigns for show launches and Events.
A vital role within the department, the Production Coordinator will have an understanding of video, print, digital and design production. Ideally, this candidate will have an understanding of On Air promotions and help coordinate and support production teams in creating and executing innovative campaigns to promote Channel 5 programmes and services. As a Co-ordinator, you will also be required to work into larger film production teams for commercials and shoots that are produced in our in-house Department.
Driving processes end-to-end, you’ll be confident, decisive and always ready to face new challenges while striving for perfection.
- Act as central point of contact for the Promo team.
- Work closely with Media Planning and Lead Creative to schedule promos within the team.
- Gather source material in good time for edits, flagging any delays and amending the schedule where necessary.
- Keep up regular communication with Creative / Lead Creative and Media Planning re: any timing/delivery issues.
- Co-ordinate audio, edit and finishing resources.
- Co-ordinate crews, callsheets and general film shoot administration.
- Develop and maintain good relations with internal and external contacts.
- Handle requests from other areas of the company and work with Creative Assistant to deliver on time and to correct specifications.
- Raise departmental purchase orders and record expenditure
- Support in the setting up of film, radio, print and DOOH campaigns.
- Develop a good understanding usage rights for footage.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience of either an on-air department (short-form/promos) or post production environment would be an advantage.
- Experience of handling budgets ideal (or good Excel knowledge) & regularly reporting back to Head of Production.
- Broad knowledge and appreciation of the creative, production and post-production processes.
- A good understanding of design, technical specifications and delivery will be a key advantage.
- The position is office-based but pre-production and shoot experience is an advantage for any applicant.
- Experience of working with creatives in all disciplines and desire to expand knowledge.
- Raising Purchase Orders for music clearances, post houses, Agency fees, shoot production.
- Monitor day to day budgetary spends with purchase systems and cost managers
- Set up all new suppliers and ensure all invoice guidelines are adhered to by all.
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure all external invoices are paid on time.
- Assist the Production Manager and Head of Production with cost management and cost reporting.
- Assist Production Manager with daily allocations of promos workflows.
- Plan and book all internal and external post production resource (including financial management).
- Responsible for all Clearcast submissions and TVC delivery (and CAP).
- Oversee delivery of all on-air / off-air assets, liaising with all departments and therefore understanding wider business strategy.
- Assist Production Manager with all crew requirements from set up as required – call sheets, vendor set ups, contracts, PO’s, crew booking, travel etc
- Assisting and taking ownership of production paperwork and documents, preparing shoot packs etc.
LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS
- To have some knowledge of Freelance contract types and help to raise and manage payment.
- Update files / music cue sheets and generally keep all production paperwork up to date.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have strong communication skills and an enthusiastic approach
- Be a calm, reliable and confident team player
- Have excellent organisational skills across multiple projects.
- Excel and budgetary experience / cost managing / finance systems.
- Be a great team player, with a can do attitude
- Be a confident negotiator and amiable communicator.
- Strive for the highest standards across the production of all creative work.
- Have the ability to economise and be efficient with a solution focused attitude.
WHAT ARE OUR VIACOM BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll give £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate.
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VIACOM VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.