Production Coordinator – ITN Productions, Industry News (FT/PT Position) – Independent Television News – London
Company: Independent Television News
Independent Television News
Our mission is to explore key issues and themes in industry and bring them to life with interesting reports and stories from around the world. This role will be responsible for assisting in the production and delivery of industry-specific news-style programmes for B2B audiences across several different sectors in the UK.
This role will also be responsible for shoot and edit planning, project management, invoice approval and managing relationships with all stakeholders, including industry partners, a very high number of clients as well as other members of the production team, reporters and camera operators.
- Diary management
- Project planning
- Organise logistics of Story Outline meetings (room booking, catering, travel)
- Prepare call sheets and schedules in liaison with Client
- Organise consent forms (preparation, send to clients and reporters. Manage their collection and filing)
- Book reporters for shoots, edits and logging
- Organise logistics of shoots: Conference, Studio, Client Films, News Items (crew, travel, kit, cards, permissions, parking, couriers etc)
- Approving external invoices in line with finance deadlines, reconciling overheads and business expenditure and dealing with supplier queries
- Arranging for receipt, creation and sign-off of logos, story titles and logo stings
- Organise logistics of media (tapes/cards, from reporters and cameras, ingesting and logging)
- Work with Reporters and post-production to organise logging (scheduling, kit, media)
- Assist with studio recordings and conference filming
- Arrange logistics for screens for conferences, and premieres of the programme
- Arrange changes/revisions of client films and ensure upload of revised edit to ftp site, liaise with Producer to make sure revised edits get to clients on time.
- Arrange final delivery of video files, embed codes and rushes to clients
- Organise any post-production elements (grading, subtitling, etc)
- Keep Client Progress document up to date
- Keep Production Calendar and Edit Diary up to date
- Work up as Assistant Producer as required
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the role. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a diplomatic approach to building and maintaining relationships
- Knowledge and experience of reporting broadcast news and current affairs with due impartiality, accuracy and fairness
- Ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to prioritise effectively, attention to detail and calm under pressure with the ability to adapt and be flexible in task and role
- Team player, enthusiastic, positive and proactive
- Experience delivering complex projects on budget and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of broadcast news and current affairs, and reporting regulations surrounding due impartiality, accuracy and fairness
- Calm under pressure with the ability to adapt and be flexible in task and role, working quickly and accurately with limited supervision
- Meticulous organisation and administration skills
- Prepared to travel across the UK for meetings, sometimes working anti-social hours
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities. We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.