Producer – Education, ITN Productions – ITN – London WC1X
Location: London WC1X
We work with teachers to make short videos that help students understand more, learn faster and achieve better results by using authentic, high quality real-life footage that’s relevant to them. They are levelled to curriculum and come with guidelines, activities and worksheets to help publishers and teachers alike deliver better outcomes for all.
This role will be responsible for creatively sourcing and clearing content, producing and shooting new material and commissioning animation, while building client relations and co-ordinating the production process from beginning to delivery including numerous freelance production staff. The role also supports the Commercial Director with the division’s strategic mission of being the global leader in video for education.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Lead client production meetings
- Liaise with freelance creative consultants
- Manage call sheets and schedules in liaison with client
- Negotiate with and manage client expectations over changes/revisions of films
- Identify business development opportunities
- Ensure client approval is achieved throughout the process – on treatment, scripts, films, graphics and programmes.
- Support studio and location recordings, including set-up, management, and liaison with crew, directors and presenters
- Suggest ideas for concepts and treatments (creative)
- Source archive from global suppliers, negotiating deals and clearing rights
- Order screeners and masters ready for edit and flag any copyright issues with Commercial Director
- Track rights and usage on spreadsheet, ensuring all clearances are filed
- Attend production meetings with clients
- Liaise with clients on approvals for treatments and scripts
- Help recruit freelance producers and production assistants
- Manage production workflow and track on client facing spreadsheet
- Manage costs tracker against budget
- Act-up when required to direct and produce studio recordings
- Commission studio graphics, logo stings, and all programme graphics
- Ensure the production calendar and edit diary are kept up-to-date
- Ensure client progress documents are kept up-to-date
- Oversee cost trackers with Production Manager
- Enter projected costs into cost trackers
- Set up new project folders, and keep all documents saved in the allocated places.
- Upload films and programmes to Sony Ci and help completion of marketing toolkits.
- Up-sell opportunities
- Support production solutions for business development.
These are the main requirements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. It is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- A developing leader, you will have the ability to motivate, develop and inspire your team while remaining hands-on
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- Experience of project planning and scheduling
- To have a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude towards work
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage large projects and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a diplomatic approach to building and maintaining relationships
- Understanding of programme making
- Knowledge of reporting broadcast news and current affairs with due impartiality, accuracy and fairness
- Ability to work within budgets and keep track of expenditure
- Show understanding of health and safety compliance and other relevant regulations to production
- Passion to develop skills and progress within the team
- Calm under pressure with the ability to adapt and be flexible in task and role
- Be able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to present to and liaise with clients
- Ability to prioritise and manage your own time effectively
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate our company values – Trust, Innovative and Collaborative.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities. We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.