PENGUIN UK: Senior Rights Manager, Media & Entertainment
Company: PENGUIN UK
Can you take our books beyond the page? Are you a Senior Media Rights Manager with a proven track record of selling and negotiating IP deals to film and TV companies?
This is an exciting, new standalone role, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate at exploiting media opportunities and brilliantly well-connected, with an entrepreneurial and opportunistic outlook. You’ll be responsible for titles across the Penguin Random House portfolio, so you’ll need to be comfortable working on a variety of projects spanning from children’s classics to bestselling crime series to new literary voices and more.
On a day-to-day basis, you might be:
- Planning the Penguin Random House rights strategy for delivering new opportunities for our authors in the media space
- Identifying books with potential for adaptations
- Working closely to advise on acquisitions with in-house editorial, sales, marketing and legal teams
- Researching, planning and pitching our titles and authors for media licensing opportunities deals
- Negotiating deals, including auctions, and establishing terms and conditions for rights sales
- Keeping up to date with on the fast-moving media and entertainment landscape
You don’t need to come from a publishing background, but you will need strong contacts within media and entertainment, whether that’s production companies, film agencies, studios, scouts or broadcasters. You’ll also be up to date on the entertainment sector, as well as copyright legislation.
You’ll need great negotiation skills, with a proven track record of deals, as well as exceptional communication and relationship building skills to work closely with agents, authors and internal teams.
There is also occasional travel to international trade fairs.
If this sounds like you, apply with a CV and cover letter by 6th January.