Motion Graphics Designer – NBCUniversal
CNBC is looking for a talented Motion Graphics Designer to join a dynamic international team to enhance our storytelling capabilities across digital media platforms.
The successful candidate will excel in developing time-based graphical solutions to storytelling challenges across a variety of formats from concept to final asset delivery.
The candidate would work with a lively team of reporters, producers, editors and camera operators.
- Working both independently and through team collaboration the candidate will generate accessible and innovative concepts for visual communication challenges across CNBC digital media channels ranging from graphic overlays and integrations with live action, fully animated storytelling solutions and data visualisation for both motion and static applications.
- The candidate will be comfortable working with both time-based solutions and static assets and be able to derive one from the other.
- Relish the opportunity to develop and evolve the visual language of multiple content brands across various platforms.
- Inspire their colleagues with creative ideas and drive innovation within the team.
- Be able to work within tight time constraints within a busy news environment.
- Keep up to date with latest software, technologies and graphic trends in the industry to keep the CNBC output at the front of the curve.
- Work with the wider creative, editorial and marketing teams to deliver integrated solutions.
- Be able to complete tasks within time and budget constraints in each case.
- The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Motion Graphics Design / Animation.
- Provide evidence of motion graphics skills via show reel / portfolio of work.
- Fluency in After Effects, Premier, Illustrator and Photoshop (3D software knowledge is advantageous but not required).
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of typographic best practice.
- Ability to visualize data and the written word and express/enhance the narrative in graphics/animations to achieve the editorial vision.
- Good organizational and decision-making skills, able to communicate clearly with the team.
- Experienced in high volume of work and tight turnaround deadlines.
- Able to operate fast and efficiently in a pressurised environment.
- Proactive in generating new and relevant ideas.
- Capable retouching and colour correction skills for still and moving imagery.
- Display competency with digital video file delivery formats
CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.