Media Project Manager – GSMA – London
- Department: Media
- We provide strategic direction and thought leadership to our members
- We drive collaborative industry programmes aimed at maintaining operator relevance in the digital world
- We advocate for the industry to regulators, policymakers and society as a whole
- We convene the broad mobile communications ecosystems and adjacent industry sectors at our industry-leading events
- Managing a schedule of interviews for both commercial and editorial guests
- Keeping the schedule up-to-date and managing any changes in time slots
- Liaising with interviewees (or their representatives)
- Collating video assets & specific client requirements
- Managing an on-line booking tool and sending meeting invites
- Liaison with the MWL Production crew to align crew schedules
- Whilst on-site, working with the production teams to ensure smooth delivery of interviews
- Internal liaison with MWL journalists for editorial guests
- Escalating any issues to the Video Production Manager
- Obtaining client approval for final edited videos
- Act as a runner distributing messages or items within film crew, lunch runs etc.
- Understanding of media production services.
- Organised manner and ability to deal with multiple demands in a methodical way
- Calm aptitude and coordinated whilst under pressure
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Outlook will be key tools for the role & Adobe Premier Pro would be an advantage)
- Ability to converse with senior people in a confident and personable manner
- Strong attention to detail skills are required
- Be able to attend the event in Barcelona in Late February 2020 (Approx. 7 Days onsite)
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work, should also be prepared for long days onsite during the event
- DREAM BIG – Demonstrate vision and insight to lead the industry forward
- BE BOLD – Have the courage to take risks and make tough decisions
- OWN IT – Take full accountability for your decisions and actions
- WORK AS A TEAM – Collaborate to deliver impactful results
- DO THE RIGHT THING – Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity at all times
- SHOW RESPECT – Treat others as you would expect to be treated
- LOVE WHAT YOU DO – Bring passion and pride to your work
Department detail: N/A
GSMA Entity: GSMA Ltd
Position type: Fixed Term
Reporting to: Sharon Boland, MWL TV Production Manager
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces the industry-leading MWC events held annually in Barcelona, Los Angeles and Shanghai, as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
Every day we work to harness the power of mobile to achieve our industry purpose – Connecting Everyone and Everything to a Better Future – through four main activities:
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
About the Team
The media team is made up of editorial, production and sales staff and is responsible for the delivery of the GSMA’s media brand, Mobile World Live. Mobile World Live is the world’s number one B2B news portal covering the mobile technology sector.
The MWL production team delivers both live and recorded commercial video products at MWC events. Mobile World Live broadcasts live from MWC20 Barcelona via a dedicated channel across Catalonia, reaching more than 250 attendee hotels and 30,000 hotel rooms and is shown throughout the Barcelona venue via numerous large TV screens.
What the hiring manager says
“The Media Project Manager role is key to the delivery of our video products. The accurate scheduling and managing of video interviews requires a high attention to detail. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual keen to join an exciting team in a fast-paced environment at a world class event.”
Sharon Boland, MWL TV Production Manager, GSMA
About the Role
Mobile World Live (MWL) is looking for a Media Project Manager to work on MWL at MWC20. MWC is the world’s biggest mobile technology event, which takes place in Barcelona in late February every year. It is organised by the GSMA, the global association for mobile operators, equipment manufacturers and content platform providers. With over 100,000 attendees and 2,000 exhibitors, MWC is the place where the mobile industry congregates each year and is a high-profile event both in the telecoms and events industries.
The Media Project Manager will be key to supporting the MWL TV Video Production Manager in planning, scheduling, delivery and execution of all MWL commercial video elements, as well as supporting other video components for delivery.
The chosen candidate will work alongside GSMA and production partners working on the event. The role will include liaison with internal GSMA teams; namely the Editorial, Sales and Marketing teams from Mobile World Live.
Reporting to the MWL TV Video Production Manager, the job will involve assisting in the broadcast production process but with a specific emphasis on the organisation of interviews that will take place during the event. There will be a need to work in the GSMA offices full time and attendance at the MWC event in Barcelona at the end of February, with approx. 5 days’ post event.
The duties of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
Whilst the majority of the work will be carried out at the GSMA’s offices in London, travel will be required to Barcelona.
What We Offer
Working at the GSMA offers you unparalleled access to the mobile industry. We offer a chance to truly shape the direction of mobile, whatever your role. By joining the GSMA, you will be exposed to a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment, working on global solutions, genuinely fascinating and industry-changing projects and a stimulating and dynamic environment designed to enable you to flourish.
In addition to architect-designed offices and competitive compensation, our benefits include fantastic learning & development opportunities, generous holiday allowances, four additional days off for professional development and many others.
We offer a working environment that reflects our organisational values. We also hire in line with our values and recruit candidates who demonstrate a strong affinity with these 7 principles:
Being You at the GSMA (Diversity Statement)
We are one of the most diverse companies you will ever come across, we care deeply about equality and inclusivity and aspire to be the best at it. Your well-being and work/life balance is important so if you prefer to work flexi-time or a day from home, just ask. We’re keen to ensure everyone is equal, represented and connected so we particularly encourage applications from all demographics. The success of the GSMA year on year will continue to be contributed by people from all walks of life.
To learn more about the GSMA, visit our careers site, our LinkedIn page and our Twitter page.