Manager, VFX – Netflix – London
London, United Kingdom
We seek a highly experienced Manager, Visual Effects to manage productions across our growing slate of Netflix Original Series and Films being managed in the UK. The applicant should be highly regarded and very well established in the VFX industry. The ideal candidate will have have held both a significant position with one or more vendors and had client-side production experience. Working alongside our internal creative and production teams, key to the position is the ability to curate VFX vendor and crew talent relations, review and help inform budgets and schedules from pitches, treatments and scripts, creatively assess and comment on work, and supporting our production partners and filmmakers.
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with over 153 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment under pressure and shows initiative with a forward-thinking positive attitude to new technologies and workflows.
Specific Responsibilities and skill sets should include but not limited to:
- Working with our Studio Creative Executives, Production teams and Finance during development and pre-production. Analyzing scripts, developing VFX breakdowns & budgets and production/post production planning. Providing recommendations and feedback on VFX scope of work and feasibility.
- Building the visual effects teams. Recruiting VFX Supervisors and Producers, negotiating with agents, sourcing and appointing Vendors. Overseeing contract negotiations and liaising with Legal to maintain thresholds for expenditures and company policies.
- Manage VFX delivery progress and cost report tracking. Working closely with the VFX Producers to anticipate and troubleshoot schedule and budget issues. Ensure production is running smoothly, meeting deadlines and staying on budget.
- Help develop and maintain a weekly reporting system for show VFX Producers to generate a concise weekly snapshot of the budget, schedule and VFX progress.
- Working with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer, reviewing VFX finals ensuring high quality of work is being delivered.
- Researching and networking with new businesses and up-and-comers. Tracking talent availability.
- Technical understanding of the visual effects process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows.
- Understanding of tax incentives and rebates.
- A love for the creative process!
Share this listing:
Apply to Manager, VFX – Netflix – London