Grade 3, £20,836 – £24,029 per annum plus £3,500 London Weighting Allowance per annum
Full Time, 30 hours per week
King’s College London is one of the world’s top universities with an ambitious vision, the successful outcome of which is in large part dependent on its ability to engage effectively with the institution’s critical audience groups.
The Communications Assistant reports to the Communications Business Partner (Arts & Sciences), however the post will work with colleagues in all the faculties, as well as the wider Corporate Communications team.
The Communications Assistant will be a key team member in the Corporate Communications Department, handling front-line media activities and supporting the successful delivery of the integrated Corporate Communication strategy.
The post holder will be working on a wide-range of projects, focused on inspiring and engaging the institution’s stakeholders, building King’s reputation for academic excellence, showcasing key research and educational breakthroughs, and highlighting King’s philanthropic endeavours and achievements.
- Handle front-line media enquiries
- Set-up press interviews, track and evaluate coverage across online, print and broadcast media
- Assist the team with identifying PR opportunities, media engagement and social media content, as directed.
- Work with the Faculty Communications leads and academics to develop and optimise positive communications and engagement with key stakeholders and priority agencies and outlets
- Plan and support external engagement activities, including corporate events, conferences and filming etc.
- Assist in the production of materials for digital and print distribution
- Research PR and media landscapes in key markets and build up lists of contacts for key subject areas to support the Communications Business Partners, as directed.
- Assist with media campaigns e.g. support the distribution of media releases, write news stories and create social media posts and related content.
- Research news and information about King’s and its faculties for a variety of purposes and user preferences
- Create and produce news releases, videos briefs, podcasts, web stories, blogs.
- Assist in social and digital media activities including updating websites as directed
- Produce content for digital & other channels
- Collaborate with other Corporate Communication colleagues on activities, utilising a full range of outlets
- Maximise the impact of positive PR and media engagement with both external and internal audiences
- Support filming/interviews on campus (after Return to Campus)
- Assist in updating directory of experts and other databases (training provided)
- Coordinate the Corporate Communications Team’s evaluation reporting
- Support other administration as required
- A university degree
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to understand and translate complex information quickly
- Attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Planning and producing content for social media
- Use of web content management systems
- In depth desk research and production of evaluation reports
- Proactive approach with initiative and drive
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to support others when necessary to ensure effective delivery
- Willingness and ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing or developing areas of work as required
- Willingness to get out and connect with people to build effective relationships
- Passion for communications and PR, with a keen news sense
- Can-do attitude and a problem-solving ability
- Willingness to occasionally work outside normal office hours
To discover more and apply, please go to our website via the button below.
Closing date: 20th September 2020