Junior Videographer & Editor – DMS Media Ltd. – London
Company: DMS Media Ltd.
DMS Media Ltd.
£21,000 – £23,000 a year
Position: Junior Videographer & Editor
Reports to: Head of Video
DMS Media is a successful strategic content agency that has helped some of the world’s
biggest brands position themselves as leaders in social media.
In the past year, we’ve delivered a varying array of award winning content for a multitude of
brands. These collaborations have taken us to a number of locations across Europe, including
Spain, France, Germany and Denmark…
For more, visit our website at www.dmsmedia.co.uk
As DMS Self-Shooting Video editor, you’ll be expected to help us continue to film and edit top
quality content for use across a variety of digital and social media channels, as well as bringing
great ideas into production with creativity and ensuring key messages are met.
Good experience using the latest cameras and editing software is a must. You’ll be required to
assemble recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcast,
sometimes with a tight deadline.
You should be keen to learn new skills as your role progresses, be comfortable working alone
or with a production team and have excellent organisational & time management skills.
This is a key role at DMS Media, and you can expect your skills to be in high demand. You’ll
usually work closely with the Director and Head of Video Production to achieve the desired
You’ll be required to collaborate with additional editors, reporting to the Head of Video
Production who will work closely with you across different edits and on shoots to achieve the
desired end result.
Full UK Driving License is essential.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief letter of introduction to our email via the indeed platform, or
write to us at Vacancies, DMS Media Ltd, 90-92 Pentonville Rd, London N1 9HS.
Types of work
You will work on a variety of productions including:
- Short films optimised for different social media outlets.
- Corporate training videos
- On-event reporting
- Camera operating on single-camera shoots with a single line-in radio mic set-up.
- Multi-camera shoots on larger projects, working with the whole production team.
- On location DIT process, ensuring all footage is safely & securely backed up on location.
- Production of short-form video content for use on DMS Media’s social channels (i.e.
GIFs and showreels).
- Advise on hired equipment if necessary.
- Supporting other editors with offline edits and selecting rushes.
- Re-editing of assets for repurposing on client channels and for additional market usage.
- Quick turnaround edits, occasionally on location straight after a shoot.
- Assembly and final editing of filmed work, including colorisation and grading.
- Ensuring these edits are completed with appropriate graphics, captions and music.
- Accurate archiving of footage & projects to be easily accessed by the wider edit team.
- Understand usage/clearance requirements for music, images and footage.
- Ideation for clients and prospects.
- Advising on project-to-project camera usage, as well as other equipment (e.g. gimbal,
slider, jib, lighting solutions etc).
- Maintaining company equipment.
- Management of external hard drives.
- Familiar with Sony FS7 essential, ALEXA Mini is also desirable but not required.
- Familiar with dynamic camera rigs such as 3 axis gimbal systems and sliders.
- 2x Years experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- After Effects & Davinci Resolve experience desirable but not required.
- Working to a client brief and taking on constructive feedback
- Comfortable working under a Director whilst providing creative input where necessary.
- Experience constructing a lighting set-up for a two-camera interview.
- Familiar with a simple radio mic set-up for a two-camera interview.
- Experience driving a passenger vehicle is desirable.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00 to £23,000.00 /year
- Adobe Premiere Pro: 2 years (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)