Who are we?
We are Fiit. The #1 rated fitness app in the UK.
We’re looking for team players to help us achieve our mission — to remove every barrier to exercise, and create the most exciting and effective workouts on the planet.
We’re a London-based startup with global plans. Are you passionate about making a difference? Read on.
What do we want?
A part-time Junior Video Editor with strong technical and creative skills to join our production crew. Our aim will be to start with 15 hours per week and build up as our cadence of filming ramps up. The 15 hours will be spread across a variety of days/times to coincide with our filming schedule and we would need you to have the capacity to increase the hours over the rest of the year.
We have a custom built studio + set with a multicam setup. We film a range of content, mainly classes that are a mixture of 10min 25 min and 40 mins long as well as additional supporting content.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the Production Team and reporting directly to the Technical Manager and Lead Editor
- Editing fitness classes, overlay animations, transitions and music
- Data wrangling and media management of content following signoff and completion
- On filming days, you will assist with the technical processes of backing up the footage and overseeing sound levels
- Streamline your workflow and editing pipeline efficiently
- Continuously improve edits and strive to deliver exceptional content
What you’ll need
- Film and media skills that you can demonstrate through a foundation/degree or being self taught
- Experience in TV production would be beneficial
- An understanding of the studio set up, including cameras (SONY FS7), lighting, sound and the overall production process
- A visual eye for detail and creativity
- A passion and drive to learn new skills
- Ability to tackle problems
- Strong organisational abilities regarding media management/archiving and file naming
- Manage your workload and deliver on tight deadlines
- A ‘can do’ attitude and someone who thrives on a challenge (no matter how big or small)
- A passion for fitness and wellbeing
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premiere.
- Basic understanding of codecs, resolution, proxy workflow, multicam editing.
- After effects & animation skills would be a bonus
- Camera operation skills would also be beneficial
Do your values resonate with ours?
- Everyone at Fiit is a leader, whatever your level you’ll have a passion for the mission and understand how you can impact that.
- You’ll always want to be improving, learning and curious, embracing and giving constructive feedback.
- Grit to deliver is important in startup life. You’ll enjoy the rollercoaster, execute at pace and take accountability.
- The team is greater than the individual at Fiit, we include everyone, value diversity and communicate openly.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary, pension & equity options
- A cool office environment near the Olympic Park in Stratford
- Flexible holiday and working arrangements
- Private health and dental insurance
- 3 budgets that you control around professional development, health/wellness and hobbies
- Free Fiit device and subscription
- Lots of fun with weekly drinks and TFIF, Coffee Club and team building days
- The opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives
Fiit is based at the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within easy reach of two major stations, it has a free shuttle bus and is well connected to cycle paths.
During the COVID-19 pandemic the team is working remotely and so this role will be a mixture of working at the Fiit Studio with safety measures in place as well as working from home.