The BBC Radio is at the heart of the BBC’s news operation in central London, serving tens of millions listeners in the UK and around the world. It provides the news for Radio 2, R3, R4, 6Music and the World Service. Its journalism is trusted throughout the world.
Our journalists play a vital role in the newsroom. They write and produce the news, working closely with the BBC’s top correspondents. But they are also encouraged to come up with their own story ideas and get them on air.The Radio Newsroom’s output is extensive and diverse;
- World Service: news bulletins, programmes and podcasts.
- R2: news bulletins for the UK’s biggest radio station
- R3: summaries and headlines.
- R4: the news on Today, The World at One, PM and the Six o’ Clock News.
- 6Music: summaries.
Are you the right candidate?
Successful candidates will have opportunities to broadcast, both as a reporter and a newsreader so a good broadcasting voice is essential. We are looking to recruit experienced journalists who can produce the news for each of the networks we serve.We are looking for people with ideas to develop the Newsroom’s digital strategy and its presence on social media.
- Fixed term contract / Attachment (12 months)
- Continuing (permanent) contract
Base: London, New Broadcasting House
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.
Journalists, BBC Radio Newsroom
BBC job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...