IRISH FILM LONDON: Sponsorship Development Executive
Company: IRISH FILM LONDON
Location: London (Greater)
IRISH FILM LONDON
Irish Film London (IFL) Corporate Sponsorship Development
IFL seeks the services of an experienced fundraiser with a track record of success, to develop the financial sustainability of the world’s largest dedicated Irish film festival. Ideally based in London, you would be working for IFL on a consultancy basis paid on a % commission fee based on results.
With the aim of inviting everyone to celebrate the best of Irish contemporary film and its filmmakers, 2020 marks the tenth anniversary of the Irish Film Festival London’s existence. We have ambitious birthday plans to develop the festival into the next decade. In order to support new activities and take our offer to another level, we need to develop our revenue portfolio, attract new donors and sponsorship partners to join our existing statutory funders.
We organise three festival events each year, with a centrepiece festival in November 2020 that includes a red-carpet Awards Ceremony hosted at the prestigious Embassy of Ireland, in Belgravia. Other festivals include St Brigid’s Day (February) and St Patrick’s Day (March) run with the Mayor of London’s office. Our ‘home’ cinema is the beautiful and centrally located Regent Street Cinema, we have other great venues in Soho for entertainment and are well networked for exclusive premieres in West End cinemas. Our patrons include Ros Hubbard, Colin Farrell, Moe Dunford and Lenny Abrahamson, with more to be announced imminently. IFL events and other activities make for a strong value proposition for potential partners and sponsors and we seek your skills to communicative that for us.
Your remit would be to:
- Work with the Board of Directors to enhance our Strategic Fundraising Plan and annual targets commensurate with our turn-over
- Generate income from new revenue streams: particularly focused on corporate philanthropy and CSR Consolidate existing philanthropic sources, including revenue from the extensive support base
- Devise and implement donor acquisitions strategies and, in consultation with the Board, develop a committed group of financial supporters
- Have periodic interaction with the Board alongside strategic support from specific members of the Board as appropriate, e.g. Communications and PR, Strategic Development etc.
We would hope that you will have:
- Proven success in the field of fundraising through corporate sponsorship
- An affinity with IFL’s mission
- Belief in the power of philanthropy and commercial sponsorship for cultural events
- Strategic capability and commitment to increase charitable income generation from private sources and commercial backers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in negotiation
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with staff, companies, high level donors, volunteers and the public
- Confident presenting to executive levels
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Open to attending evening events as required
This post is offered on consultancy terms, remuneration based on an incentivised commission fee basis, established in advance with the Board. It is envisaged that this post would be on a year contract, with renewal based on successful results.
This role would be a combination of office, remote and field-based and will require attendance at some events.
How to apply
Please apply with a cover letter and CV by 27 March 2020.
Candidates should note we would expect to interview during 1-4 April; 6-8 April.