North West London
- To ensure field production risk assessment and methods statements are completed prior to shoot and Health & safety policies and licensing requirements are adhered to at all times
- Assisting the Channel Director on reviews, sign off and distribute third party Risk Assessments, PRFs, Invoices, dealing with relevant and internal units and processes to streamline internal and external workflow. You will be the focal point and first point of contact for all third party suppliers and vendors on all production related matters.
- Troubleshoot with the Production team maintaining a high standard of service to the Editorial requirements of the channel.
- Managing a team of floor managers, Directors, Vision Mixers, and Supervising.
- To source contact third party suppliers as required, obtain quotations to ensure best values for money for Alaraby under the supervision of Operation Resources Manager.
- Ensure financial records for areas of responsibility are kept up to date.
- Perform under pressure in a live news environment.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Channel Director.
- Managing the studio and editing facilities, NEWS deployments, events coverages, and field multi-camera productions in London and internationally.
- Setting up the department’s Organisational Chart and overview.
- Working closely with all internal departments and proposing practical solutions.
- Working with all external suppliers and consultants for services locally and internationally across many industry aspects, technical, logistical, hiring resources, venues etc.
- Working and following up daily on all matters related to production during remote periods of engagement with the project.
- Working closely with HR on production job descriptions and resource selections and hiring.
- Contributing to the editorial team on program development ideas and providing feedback as needed.
- Participating in all departmental meetings and proposing solution to production issues both technical and resource related.
- Designing budget templates for all production genres and working towards annualising budgets per production title.
- Managing the editing unit and defining the editorial requirements, workflows and publishing the overall edit-plan for Alaraby TV.
- Designing the production department presentation featuring all its units and functions.
- Closely monitoring the monthly output production schedule for Live & Recorded productions.
- Providing accurate reporting on a monthly basis to senior management.
- Extensive experience of production management across a broad range of output.
- Excellent business and finance skills.
- Ability to lead a large and diverse teams across a broad range of output and locations, alongside proven experience of leading change and continuous improvement programs.
- Must have highly developed communication skills, and be able to work effectively with all members of the production team, other contributors, and members of the public.
- Ability to understand the technical processes involved in television production, including camera, lighting, sound and editing.
- Must have good understanding of studio technical workflows.
- Have good understanding of and familiarity with studio cameras, lighting desk, video playout, GFX, Sound Desk and similar.
- Must know how to ensure that all the necessary licenses and clearances have been obtained, and how to comply with regulations relating to liability and indemnity when shooting at different locations.
- Must know how to access information about, and comply with, corresponding regulations and agreements in other countries.
- Initiative and problem solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to troubleshoot.
- Precise attention to detail and methodical approach to work.
- IT skills, and knowledge of the relevant computer packages.
- Current knowledge of the relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures, including Copyright, Data Protection, Public Liability, etc. and how to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a live news environment.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters Qualification in a media related or specialist subject.
- Strong Industry experience as a production manager.
- 7 -10 years of experience in the broadcast production field
- Fluent in Arabic Language.
- In depth knowledge of Arabic broadcast industry.
Application closing date: 03/07/2019.