Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The Consumer Group is undergoing a critical overhaul as we look to transform into an agile, consumer-centric business that harnesses technological innovation to deliver better, science-backed alternatives to millions of adult smokers around the world. It is only by focusing on our strategic priorities and the right organization, fully enabled to deliver what matters the most for our consumers along their journey toward better alternatives, that we will be able to deliver a smoke-free future.
Here, you can make a difference. You can shape the consumer journey, from discovery and acquisition through to conversion and loyalty. And you can watch your efforts lead to meaningful change in the lives of smokers on their way to better alternatives. You’ll develop your skills; collaborating across functions, markets and regions. If you want to make a life-changing impact on consumers, there’s no better place.
For our Marketing Partnerships team in London we are therefore looking for a Head of Media Partnerships.
In this position you will be responsible for building and maintaining the strategy for successful commercial relationships with our media partners, including agencies and publishers, acting as the first point of contact with partners on a day-to-day basis. Your role will be to identify partners aligned with brand strategy to prospect, secure access to audiences and to develop and maintain critical Partner relationships in categories such as News, Business, Politics, Science, Lifestyle, Health & Fitness, Food & Travel, Technology, Convergent TV, Video, Audio, Gaming etc.
- Create, develop and sustain the media partnership strategy aligned with business objectives across multiple media platforms. Lead Prospecting & negotiating products and services (ex: paid media, commerce, creative, messaging, data, events, editorial etc.) for PMI to reach legal aged audiences at scale. Drive and lead key Strategic Partner Relationships (Business Development).
- Lead PMIs partner engagement strategy to deliver key business /brand objectives across selected audiences – consumers, regulatory, government, retailers, corporate affairs, talent and internal. Drive the internal governance and secure alignment and support for the key partners across multiple PMI functions. Identify and build tangible Media Partnership Opportunities.
- Define the role of PMI at key industry events including the role of senior PMI executive stakeholders (ex: CEO, Global head of Policy, Chief Marketing officer, SVP Brand Partnerships etc.) from multiple functions. Pitch PMI’s Smoke Free Vision to partners and present critical and strategic thinking when owning the analysis and evaluation of media partners strongly linked to brand and business strategy
- Collaborate closely with the CCO organisation to identify and discuss integrated communications and media strategies to help drive consumer programs such acquisition, retention, retargeting as well as building brand. Partner with other teams within CCO and other global functions across the organisation, to ensure the delivery of innovative, impactful and successful digital Media Partnerships/campaigns and initiatives.
- Lead the collaboration with other functions to on board and pitch the value of partnerships to help build strong brands and help drive audience understanding and engagement of our Smoke-Free Product category, smoke-free future vision, IQOS products, retailer engagement, as well as understanding of Philip Morris as an organization and as an employer.
- Manage and collaborate with all members of the brand and business functions to ensure they deliver the campaigns and capabilities needed to satisfy our overall digital strategy, program and commercial objectives.
- Lead and facilitate close communication and alignment with the regional Hubs to better understand PM market requirements and build media strategies/plans aligned with market goals and aspirations.
- Lead the development of pilots/proof of concepts across multiple partner offerings like paid media, events, generating leads, co-creation of content etc. for new partners to be operationalized in markets including securing the right resources and negotiate the terms and service level agreements with partners aligned with PMI governance and compliance.
- Proactively driving innovation -prospecting and identification of emerging and new media to explore and pilot
We’re looking for someone with:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required
- Experience in a Partnership Account Executive, Business Development, or Strategic Partnerships Marketing Leading role in a digital media agency, with a publisher or digital team on brand and client side.
- Expertise in digital paid media advertising, with understanding of digital media planning and buying, including technical aspects, experience in all steps of the media planning process.
- Demonstration of established network in media partnerships,
- Experience in negotiating joint agreements with key media partners and global brand, with proven track of success.
- Strong Stakeholder relationship management and influencing skills
- Previous experience in the entire digital process from campaign briefing, planning, implementation, management & optimization and reporting and
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and spoken)
What we offer:
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer