Head of Content and Community – BeRightBack – London
£30,000 – £35,000 a year
Job Title: Head of Content and Community
Closing date for the application: 6th November 2019
Job type: full time
Salary: £30k-£35k based on experience
BRB’s goal is to make travel something you experience, not something you plan. In August 2018 we launched as the world’s first travel subscription platform; providing our customers 3 short breaks a year for a monthly fee.
We looked at the last 20 years of innovation in the travel industry and realised nobody had tackled the most painful part of travelling – actually booking it. With BRB we strive to make it possible to book your next getaway in 60 seconds, so all our customers need to do is turn up at the airport and start their adventure. We’ve been highlighted by Skift as one of the top startups to watch in 2019, featured on CNBC and written about in major publications like the Guardian and Telegraph.
With a fast-growing user base of customers excited for their next adventures with us. Our goal is to revolutionise the way millennials engage with travel, by making it social, mobile and effortless. We fundamentally believe seeing more of the world shouldn’t be a black hole in your monthly budget, or a full-time job to organise.
We’ve got from 0 to 1. Now we need to go from 1 – 10 and beyond. If your passion is in creating amazing travel content and building communities of engaged customers, this is the perfect role for you.
As a head of content and community at BRB, you will be responsible for building out a robust and scalable content plan, video content strategy, lead nurture strategy and community.
You will be proficient across all aspects of content and community management, from content writing to social media management, video content editing, community management (Facebook groups, slack etc), event organising and creation of a robust ambassador programme for BRB. You will be in charge of creating fresh content, finding new ways to engage our existing community and bringing others in. You’ll also act as a face of the brand on social media and during community meet-ups, and you’ll need creative flair to create a brand identity for BRB and spread the message in unconventional ways.
- Understand the content and community strategies of our core competitors in the travel and subscription space to build the competitive positioning of BRB in the industry
- Conduct market research to build a full understanding of the travel landscape and latest trends
- Conduct customer research to understand make-up of BRB audience and build customer personas from which all content and community strategies should derive
- Develop BRB’s tone of voice and identity based on the make-up of our audience
- Leverage customer personas to create go to market strategies for each platform
- Content: Develop content marketing strategy to build brand awareness, increase organic rankings of BRB and engagement metrics including organic traffic, time on site, sign up and subscription conversion rates
- Social: Develop social media strategy across all social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Video: Flesh out and implement video content strategy to be deployed across a range of channels including YouTube, Instagram TV and potentially TikTok
- Ambassadors: Build a network of ambassadors that will endorse the brand and promote BRB to drive our overall reach
- Community: Create and nurture community of customers by leveraging various communication channels such as email, Facebook groups and Slack, and create unconventional ways of connecting the community together.
- Locals: Develop a network of locals across each destination covered by BRB to share authentic travel experiences with our customers
- Events: Organise and automate processes for monthly events for customers and ambassadors in order to keep them updated with the brand and reinforce the positioning of BRB in the market
- Build and manage a network of freelance content writers
- Manage day to day posting across all social platforms
- Build a network of content producers across YouTube, Instagram, Blogging platforms with a view to get them to join our ambassador programme
- Travel across Europe with a view of documenting each city in written and video format and building relationships with locals
- Monitor and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook, YouTube, AWIN, etc to provide the BRB team with weekly reporting highlighting progress and key performance metrics
Essential Skills / Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s specialising in Marketing
- 3-5 years minimum experience in building online content and communities
- 1-2 years minimum experience as customer support lead or experience in building a customer support system from scratch
- 4+ years experience managing, developing and leading cross-functional teams of 5+ direct reports
- 1-2 minimum years experience creating content and capitalising on advertising on Canva, YouTube, Slack, Facebook & Instagram
- Evidence of creating unconventional, creative, and engaging written content such as ‘travel fail’ related content
- Experience working with videographers and directing video shoots as well as video content creation and editing using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience with adjusting tone and voice such as using GIFs regularly in content creation
- Proven track record of marketing and content strategy creation and execution for travel related events
- Experience in travel event organisation, and event automation using tools such as Zapier, Google Sheets, Eventbrite & Typeform
- Proven track record in building and scaling communities from 0 to 2,000+ followers which has been recognised by a leader in the related field with evidence
- Building and successfully enabling a community and network of content creators and multicultural travellers to meet up overseas without any supervision and on their own initiative
- Experience working with multicultural people, we want to make sure you are familiar with cultures globally and are very good at interacting with different kinds to serve the purpose of creating a sense of belonging throughout our global community
- Proven track record in leveraging WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Instagram DM’s, Facebook Groups, Instagram, Newsletters, Youtube and Slack to build communities
- Served as the face of your own active community that focuses on the community itself and a sense of belonging between the members of the community
- Experience in maintaining long distance relationships particularly in harshly opposite time zones and remote working
- Experience in storytelling and public speaking on credible platforms
- Experience in working in early stage tech-startups
- Strong problem solving skills particularly in ambiguous situations
- Experience with intense schedules and working well under pressure while hosting events such as hackathons
- Strong travel background with at least 30 cities visited globally and meeting new people on solo trips
- Experience in publishing life stories from others and generating own travel stories to share with our community
- Experience in spontaneous and solo travelling, with evidence and stories to share about these travels
- Speaks 3 languages conversationally at minimum
- Experience in travelling on overnight trains, overnight busses, short and long haul flights, road trips and ferries
- Passionate about reducing over-tourism
- Proven track record of working well in teams
- Experience in growing sub-groups of your community in multiple cities globally
- Experience in directing promotional video content
- Be an active member in Facebook travel groups
We’ve got to where we are with a team of 5 people, this means everyone pulls their weight across different business areas.
Now that we’ve secured funding, and in preparation for our Seed Round, we want to build an exceptional team to propel the business forward and own each discipline to create operational excellence.
Salary: £30k-£35k based on experience
- Use the product you built. 3 weekends away every year on us.
- Be part of the community you will build
- Travel across Europe to document unique experiences
- Be part of a thriving community of start-ups at Founders Factory, with the opportunity to learn something from another business every day.
- Flexible working hours – we know not everyone is a morning lark.
- Equity percentage (We want you to have a seat at the table)
- Regular events and talks as part of Founders Factory
- Mentorship through founders and the wider Founders Factory team.
- Learn what it takes to build a brand as big as Airbnb or fail trying.
- Free tea, coffee, breakfast every morning and lunches on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Profit sharing/share options
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
- building online content and communities: 3 years (Required)
- managing team on 5+: 4 years (Required)
- customer support: 1 year (Required)
- content creation on slack, facebook, youtube and instagram: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)