Finance Assistant – disguise – London
£20,000 – £25,000 a year
Reports to: Finance Controller
Remuneration: £20,000 – £25,000
Based in: London
Why we’re here
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live experience in the world by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast-growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are delighted to have featured in the Sunday Times Tech Tracker 2018, listing Britain’s fastest-growing tech companies.
See our showreel below, demonstrating just some of the incredible work from disguise.
Why you’re here
This position will be ideal for anyone looking to take their first steps into a fast-paced and dynamic finance team and will allow the successful candidate to gain valuable experience while working towards a professional qualification offering study support to help facilitate this.
There will be remit to grow in the role and we would offer a clear path for progression within the business for the right individual.
- Maintaining purchase ledger and ensure all bookings are posted on time.
- Generating purchase orders until we launch our automated solution where you will be the main point of contact.
- Preparing payment runs for our banking system.
- Maintaining PDF copies of invoices within NetSuite linked to vendor bills.
- Filing and scanning of supplier contracts on our server network.
- Assisting with supplier reconciliations
- Assisting with sending out remittances to suppliers.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure Netsuite (accounts system) records reflect supplier account statements, bank details, address details and contact details
- Assisting with corporate card requests and reconciling transactions
- Assisting with reviewing staff expenses in Expensify ensuring submissions are compliant with policies, importing into NetSuite system and providing support to staff
- Assisting the department with Expensify preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assisting with reconciling balance sheet accounts and working with the operations team to ensure all stock is accounted for.
- Assisting the finance team with a variety of tasks, including sending cash summary internally, bank reconciliation on a daily basis, sending customer account statements etc.
- Preparing procedure notes.
- Preparing the information for Audit and assisting with the Year-End Processes.
- Relevant Degree Experience Minimum 2.1
- Minimum 3 A-Levels/AS Levels with grades A-C.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A*-C Grades inclusive of Maths and English
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills, processes and systems
- Ability to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Punctual and reliable team player in possession of a strong work ethic
- Results-driven with high attention to detail.
We like to celebrate and have fun at disguise:
- Gigs policy, we give everyone a £400 pa allowance to spend on any show/concert of choice
- Annual Summer and Christmas parties which are always great fun!
- Socials we like to celebrate, whether it’s going out, a birthday or just a Friday
- Fruit, half decent coffee, Pizza days and ice cream in the summer
- Our culture we have a great community culture here at disguise and make everyone feel welcomed!
- Other benefits include a Health Cash-back plan, office massages and manicures and lots more
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected], clearly stating ‘Finance Assistant – London’ in the subject.