FILM & TELEVISION CHARITY: Production and Training Lead, The Whole Picture Programme
Company: FILM & TELEVISION CHARITY
Location: London (Greater)
FILM & TELEVISION CHARITY
2 year fixed term contract
Full time or part time -minimum 3 days per week.
We are looking for someone to lead the Production and Training strands of our Whole Picture Programme, bringing together voices from across our broadcast, film and freelance community to build a blueprint for mentally healthy productions and developing a complimentary training programme to improve mental health across our industry.
About the Charity
The Film and TV charity supports the many diverse and talented people working behind the scenes of the film, TV and cinema industry in the UK. From research to writing, through casting and production, to editing, broadcasting, sales, distribution and exhibition, we support the lives of everyone involved in bringing stories to our screens.
Last year we commissioned a ground-breaking research project to understand the mental health of our film, TV and cinema workers. The research uncovered a mental health crisis in our industry, with 9 in 10 workers having experienced a mental health problem.
The Whole Picture Programme is our pioneering, evidence-based plan to bring the industry together to support better mental health and wellbeing in our industry.
About the role:
This is a new fixed term role to lead the development and delivery of:
- A set of best practice guidelines for use on any TV or film production in the UK, to protect and support the mental health and wellbeing of those working on that production
- A comprehensive review of training requirements across the film and TV industry to support better mental health of our workers, culminating in the creation of a standardised ‘syllabus’ for training programmes to ensure our industry is equipped to support and promote our own and each other’s mental health.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have significant experience of working in a production environment in film and/or TV
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the pressures of a production environment and the support, training and developments needs of people working in these environments
- Be able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to mobilize action and deliver impact.
- Be passionate about improving the wellbeing of the many diverse and talented people working behind the scenes in film and TV.
Diversity helps us create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential. And it helps produce the fresh thinking and new ideas that set us apart and keep us ahead. Help us make the Film and Television Charity a great place to work for smart, curious people across cultures, genders, ethnicities, and lifestyles.
Applying for this role
Please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides which outlines your motivations, skills and experience to [email protected]
Please ensure that you have carefully reviewed the job description before applying, applications will be assessed against the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification.
Application deadline: 10am, 20th July 2020
Interviews: 30th July 2020 (online)