The film technology assistant is part of the London technology team, at the heart of MPC’s success and progression. This position is focused on those areas where we interact directly with our clients: high end screening rooms, on-set, virtual production, remote viewing and communication systems among others. It’s an exciting role working with a wide range of cutting-edge technologies and involving contact with some of the biggest names in the movie industry.
The film technology assistant will work with the film engineering team and help with the day to day upkeep, support and maintenance of the in house screening facilities alongside off site set work.
- Assist with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment associated with various technical and operational departments
- Assist with front line maintenance and troubleshooting of all post production related equipment including professional and consumer grade AV equipment, editorial systems, digital cinema projectors, monitors, video conference systems, AV control systems, motion capture stage, video cameras, video/audio routers, theater control systems etc.
- Help with maintenance and calibration of Digital Cinema DLP projectors
- Creating and maintaining documentation to be shared globally between all MPC Film sites
- Ensuring common working practices and standards across all MPC sites
- Assist with performing hardware, firmware and software upgrades
- Participate in off-hours maintenance, upgrades and installation for systems when required
Technicolor is the world’s leading film and television visual effects, animation, and post services business. London headquartered Film & TV VFX is the primary segment under Technicolor Production Services, A division of Euronext listed Technicolor SA group. The segment consists of three brands: MPC Film, Mr. X and Mill Film. Film & TV VFX is a key pillar of Technicolor’s growth and future strategy.
With locations in Adelaide, Bangalore, Mumbai, London, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, and Los Angeles, Film & TV VFX is a truly global business, employing 3,500 people across the world and working film and TV projects.
From Shazam and The Shape of Water, to The Jungle Book, The Lion King, and X Men, Technicolor Film & TV VFX have been behind many of the greatest movie industry hits and best loved brands of the past several years.
- A BA or BSc in engineering, imaging, or related subject would be preferable but not necessary for the right candidate
- Experience of installation and maintenance in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems
- Familiarity with AV networking streaming technology
- Basic color theory knowledge including a understanding of REC709/DCI color space, gamma encoding, color sub sampling etc.
- Knowledge and experience with various file formats used in post-production including EXR, DPX, TIFF, JPEG2000, H.264, DNX, HEVC, PRORES etc.
- Knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production
- Basic understanding of various media file formats, compression schemes
- Ability to identify and address technical issues while working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.co.uk.
Film Technology Assistant
Technicolor job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...