We are looking for an organised and personable Events Coordinator to work across the Institute’s events portfolio, providing high quality planning and delivery of both large and small events. The role will focus on the Institute’s parliamentary events as well as events falling within the Forum programme. The post-holder will be expected to provide a high-level, comprehensive and professional service to deliver a high quality events programme, and provide a key point of contact for the Forum network.
- Attend weekly events meetings with the CEO, and prepare any materials required for these meetings;
- Maintain and update event-specific data on the Institute’s contacts database;
- Research potential speakers;
- Site visits to scout locations for planned and potential events;
- Book appropriate event venues, including in parliament, and manage relationship with venues;
- Draft correspondence and invitations to speakers;
- Liaise with speakers and their team on arrangements and requirements;
- Manage international travel arrangements (air and ground) for speakers, high profile delegates and staff;
- Organise and attend meetings of Advisory Groups;
- Create event budgets, prepare purchase orders, organise payment of invoices and manage events within an agreed budget;
- Manage the onsite delivery of events including internal coordination of personnel as well as troubleshooting to ensure the smooth running of the event;
- Manage external relationships with suppliers and contractors including booking venues, catering, production, florists, photographers and videographers etc.;
- Collate invitation lists for events, and distribute invitations, and manage RSVPs for events;
- Create event documents, such as running orders, slide decks, and biographies of guests;
- Where relevant, work closely with the Communications team ensuring events are effectively publicised and promoted;
- Create or update risk assessments for their events, and take responsibility for ensuring correct Health & Safety procedures are followed as well as liaising with insurers as needed;
- Maintain the organisational events calendar and events lists;
- Develop and implement the Institute’s post-event evaluation process;
- Support the Director of Operations administratively and logistically, as required;
- Cover the Reception desk on an ad-hoc basis, as required;
- Be available to host external guests and to be an ambassador for the Institute;
- Be a Fire Marshal and First Aider for the Institute, as needed.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in an administrative role;
- Experience of working with senior management in a fluid and often fast moving role;
- Experience organising and delivering high quality events (large and small);
- Experience or avid interest in politics and think tanks;
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Excellent IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Highly organised and efficient;
- Excellent attention-to-detail;
- Ability to work on their own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work with people at various levels;
- Proficiency on a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Has a positive approach, optimism, and hope for the future
- Warm-hearted towards others, willing to help, and generous of time and knowledge
- Holds oneself and others accountable, committed to doing the right thing
- Has vision and desire to create value for the long term – willing to be flexible and take risks
- Self-motivated and able to drive activity forward
- Eager to learn and easy to coach, seeking-out and considering the opinions of others
- Good judgement about when to use initiative and when to consult
- A hard worker who sets ambitious goals and perseveres to achieve them
- Consistently performs at a high level, pays attention to detail
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks: Please note, due to the nature, duties and responsibilities of this role, appointment will be subject to a check by the DBS.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The Legatum Institute is a London-based think-tank with a global vision: to see all people lifted out of poverty. Our mission is to create the pathways from poverty to prosperity, by fostering Open Economies, Inclusive Societies and Empowered People. We do this through evidence-based research and by bringing together those who wish to work towards creating a better, more prosperous world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 30th August 2019. We would encourage you to submit your application as early as possible, as we may close the advert earlier should a suitable candidate be found.