Sat within the Distribution team, the role of the Assistant is to provide QC and data/file wrangling support to the trailer and tv localisation teams working across key international clients.
Secondary responsibilities will involve supporting the Distribution team in the delivery and clearance of material on a global scale as well.
- To provide data/file wrangling support to the localisation department working across key international clients.
- To QC assets upon arrival at PPC and alert Production/Account Management teams to abnormalities.
- To QC subtitles and AV content for international clients prior to delivery to third party platforms.
- To transcribe materials ready for international dubbing & subtitling.
- To transcode materials to the standard ‘house format’ if required, maintaining the quality of the sources provided.
- To transcode finished materials to a multitude of specifications for broadcast, online and out-of-home use and to QC all materials prior to uploading to third party platforms.
- To keep track of materials and provide data to the localisation team upon request.
- To provide administrative support to the Distribution Team.
- To transcribe and submit materials to clearance bodies such as Clearcast, RTE, Radio Centre, CAA & ARPP and keep up-to-date records of advice/restrictions.
- To advise account management and production on clearances and copy issues for both rough and final content for broadcast clearance: restriction/timing guidance and claim substantiation.
- To liaise with clearance bodies regarding marketing materials. To act on behalf of clients, finding solutions to minimise restrictions.
- To liaise with external stakeholders such as Media Agencies to accurately obtain campaign information.
- To work with IMD and other digital delivery services to ensure spots are delivered to the correct broadcasters, to deadline.
- To communicate spot rotation instructions to broadcasters for Pan Regional airtime and respond to queries relating to material.
- To establish good working relationships with external bodies.
- To provide legal QC of all material prior to it leaving PPC and flagging any issues.
- To generate reports for finance and account management when requested.
- Assisting with other general office related duties as and when required.
- Good knowledge of file formats used across film, broadcast and online and understanding of the common issues that are likely to be encountered.
- Previous use of transcoding & asset management systems would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Tenacious work ethic / perfectionist.
- Previous experience within broadcast or media quality control role would be advantageous.
- Interested in film, advertising or broadcast technology.
Job Type: Full-time
- Media Production: 1 year (Preferred)