Director of Photography – In The Dark Productions Ltd – London N1
Company: In The Dark Productions Ltd
Location: London N1
In The Dark Productions Ltd
We seek a senior Director of Photography to lead the technical production team. The role entails the coordination and facilitation of multiple shoots, often simultaneously in a high paced, dynamic environment.
To produce high quality films for corporate and large brand clients and creative agencies
To devise and lead on the visual style of productions; developing lighting aesthetics, setups and technical requirements that reflect and enhance client briefs. This must include a proficiency in lighting design for VR, 360 filmmaking and augmented reality productions.
Lighting arrangements from small offices to 500 square feet studio spaces.
Client Relations – Meeting, liaising and negotiating with clients across a spectrum of sectors including but not limited to corporate organisations, agencies and designer brands. Must have experience dealing with blue chip clients such as KPMG, HSBC, creative brands like Tom Ford as well as government bodies such as the LLDC, Network Rail and the Highways Agency.
Must able to estimate production budgets from an early stage of development including an appreciation of equipment rentals for a given shoot in addition to what crew will be required.
Must be able to craft strong on-brand messaging with clients and agencies and consulting/ support clients internal communication teams, bringing their messaging to life visually.
Support In the Dark’s growing team to nurture strong conceptual ideas for new and existing clients that accurately compliment client briefs.
Assist in pitch development for agency communication campaigns
Train junior team members to enhance the collaborative capability of the production department
Production manage large scale film productions, often in the public realm and at short notice
Manage the inventory and rental necessities for a breadth of productions with crew sizes up to thirty people
Strong self-managing and client management skills, often in adversarial environments
Excellent presentation skills and an ability to quickly convey a concepts visual identity with the technical aptitude to reinforce conclusions.
Equipment / inventory management skills with a keenness to source new equipment that enhances production value and simplifies workflows across a range of emerging areas critical to In the Dark’s evolution. Camera and lighting solutions for VR and AR envirornments particularly desirable.
An intuitive ability to craft visually stunning imagery, that compliments clients brand guidelines
As part of the company’s aggressive business development strategy, candidate must be willing to find, develop and nurture new business leads
Client must be willing to consult on behalf of In the Dark, helping visually aware clients to further develop their own style guidelines.
A desire and ability to constantly develop new ways to tell stories more visually
An ability to manage a large number of crew members on large scale productions with patience and resilience in often testing conditions.
An understanding and technical appreciation of the Non-Linear Editing process. Helping the directors at In the Dark turn around productions efficiently, to deadline and to an extremely high quality.
Leading on the visual design for creative pitches,
Should have a pre-existing network of crews and talent to draw upon both in the UK and internationally
Candidate should be able to inherit work within final draft, storyboards pro and the adobe creative suite to harness the creative teams’ ideas and consolidate their efforts into a clear and innovative visual identity.
Essential skills and Competencies
- 8+ years of professional experience in the film and advertising industry
- Infectious, unwavering enthusiasm
- A strong fit for the company culture
- Detail oriented, with a thirst for innovation
- Comprehensive proficiency in advanced lighting
- Advanced knowledge in Da Vinci resolve
- Advanced knowledge with multiple camera systems ( Arri, Red, Sony and Canon)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen
- Strong knowledge of incorporating VFX with practical camera movement
- Experience with handling multiple clients/stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience managing large crews (30+)
- Experience/ background in self-shooting, directing and producing
- Experience shooting in in multiple countries
- Strong communicator
- A good teacher to new team members
- A natural problem solver with a can do attitude
- Great team player
- A patient and generous collaborator
- Knowledge-sharer who cultivates an environment of openness on set
- Strong writing skills
- Creative, lateral thinker
- Directing experience
- Screenwriting experience
- Proven track record on working with government bodies, brands and international clients