Digital PR Lead/ Specialist
Locations – Hammersmith – W68BS or Reading- RG2 6UU
Salary – Competitive + 15 bonus & Benefits
Virgin Media is re-inventing how we offer our broadband, telephone, TV and mobile services. To support us in our journey, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Digital PR Lead/ Specialist to join as part of our innovative digital transformation team.
Working as part of the traffic acquisition team and reporting into the Head of Owne & Earned media you will be a key hire responsible for creating and implementing the digital PR strategy and supporting the teams content marketing and external optimisation objectives.
- Formulate and execute the digital PR strategy to increase brand awareness, and consideration across our range of consumer products and in doing so, increase call to action links back to the website.
- Participate in developing the outreach strategy that helps grow the overall organic presence of virgin media.
- Work closely with colleagues in SEO, content, social and paid advertising to support the company’s holistic strategy.
- Work closely with traditional PR teams to help digitise external communications
- Develop digital PR campaigns, harnessing virgin media’s rich layer of consumer market data to provide the media with innovative stories to support our marketing objectives.
- Closely track industry news, reacting quickly to deliver interesting comments to journalists.
- Work with an extended marketing team in delivering integrated marketing campaigns.
- Build strong and vibrant relationships with a range of media outlets to sell stories and enhance our reputation as an expert source.
- Identify and monitor KPIs to ensure that PR outcomes are predictably delivered.
- Maintain expertise on outreach, digital PR and best practice industry trends.
Skills and Experience
- You are an experienced professional PR experience.
- You consider yourself a digital expert that has a track record of promoting digital brand s within digital media.
- You can utilise tools like Gorkana and Buzzstream to track your outreach progress.
- You are a proven self-starter, who is able to work autonomously with confidence.
- You have demonstrable experience working as part of an integrated marketing function, supporting adjacent teams with content distribution (e.g. SEO, content marketing, CRM)
- A sound understanding of what PR needs to do to maximise SEO impact.
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of outreach tools like Majestic, Ahrefs, Buzzsumo and Buzzstream.
- You will have a track-record in building media relationships, identifying and researching stories, and writing press releases/comments.
- You have a proven ability to set objectives and goals to drive digital PR executions for consumers.
- You can move quickly, converting news into press coverage for our brands.
- You have superb written skills in communicating messages clearly, with an engaging style and attention to detail.
- You will be proactive, being aware of the macro and industry trends and translating this back to strategy.
- Charismatic and energetic personality who actively enjoys building strong relationships via networking.
- You are full of ideas and eager to test and experiment with data to build stories.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services – Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone – we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What’s more you’ll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!