The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Wednesday, July 17th, 2019
Company: China Global Television Network Europe Ltd.
China Global Television Network Europe Ltd.
About the Company:
CGTN Europe will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs. CGTN Europe’s correspondents, based in the London hub, will focus on finding stories that will be both distinctive and innovative, and shine a light on parts of the continent not being covered elsewhere.
– Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for breaking stories and news developments, and confirm facts – utilizing agencies, official and other sources
– Assign correspondents and field camera operators to cover breaking news and developing stories
– Work closely with Desks in Beijing, Washington D.C. and Nairobi to coordinate daily news coverage
– Work as required on forward planning to generate original, agenda-setting journalism across Europe, with special focus on Central and Eastern Europe
– Compile editorial and logistical information and distribute daily coverage plans to field crews, show producers and others
– Coordinate closely with satellite operations editors.
With at least five years of experience in a similar role in an international newsroom, you will have strong editorial and logistical skills, with good knowledge of business news and global current affairs.
You will also:
– Be familiar with various government agencies in the UK and Europe
– Demonstrate experience of live newsgathering technology and transmission facilities
– Have a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in breaking news scenarios
– A creative flair to deliver original newsgathering
Job Type: Full-time