AOK RECRUITMENT: Composers Talent Agent – music within film & tv
Company: AOK RECRUITMENT
Location: a must West London
Talent Agent – Composers / Music within film / TV
Salary depending on experience + bonus
- Are you currently an agent or similar seeking a new challenge?
- Do you have experience in or genuine knowledge of film/tv music?
- Can you provide exceptional service, build excellent working relationships and have a good network within the creative industries?
My client represents some of the finest Oscar and BAFTA award winning film & TV composers in the UK & US. As well as acting as composer agents, they also contract musicians for all the recordings through its orchestra and in-house record label. The Agents are at the heart of the company, working with international producers, directors and composer clients.
Senior Agent Role
For this role you will need experience as an agent or similar working within a creative industry, and either experience or genuine knowledge of film/tv music. Preferably with an in-depth knowledge of SVOD’s and contacts/experience working with film and TV production companies, studios, producers and directors. You will also need strong sales and negotiation skills as well as be able to handle legal contracts and publishing deals between production companies and our clients.
The role is highly varied but will involve:
- Pitching clients and their music to producers/production companies.
- Negotiating fees, dealing with legal contracts, as well as publishing and soundtrack deals for release through the in-house record label and external labels.
- Working with the other London based agents and partners in the US. Coordinating projects with the LA office and our partners in the US.
- Working with producers, directors and composer clients.
- Budget management.
- Liaising with the Musicians Contractor and studios.
- Manage applications for international awards (Emmy, BAFTA, Ivor Novello Awards etc.)
- Representing the company at live recording sessions, screenings, networking events.
- Using content management systems to update websites.
- Manage show-reels across the website and for specific pitches to producers.
- Previous experience working as an agent or similar.
- Experience in or excellent knowledge of tv/film music.
- Business minded not to mention friendly and approachable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively within a small team.
- Excellent communication and numeric skills.
- Strong network of contacts within the industry (Directors, Music Supervisors, Record Labels, Publishers)
- Attention to nuance and detail is vital.
- Working knowledge of content management systems to proactively maintain and update websites.
- Technical knowledge on supporting delivery of show reels through the company’s FTP site.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- A high level of administrative and organisational skills, plus the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good telephone manner – it is vital that you maintain a friendly and positive working relationship with clients.
- A genuine passion for music/composers/scores.
- A great sense of humour helps.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a wonderful team and company.
Please send your CV as well as salary expectations and notice period –
only those suitable will be contacted.
As an equal opportunities employer, AOK Recruitment Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Lastly, if this role isn’t for you as an Act of Kindness send the link to a friend or family member. Repost in LinkedIn or re-tweet on Twitter. Above all please follow AOK on any social media platforms you use to receive up to date roles and daily inspirational quotes – help make a difference.