The Administrative and Tecnical Assistant will provide support to the Creative Lead and Development Producer of the BBC Studios Writers Academy in the planning and management of new talent in Continuing Drama Series and the running of the scheme.
The post holder will report to the Creative Lead of the BBC Studios Writers Academy.
The nature of television drama production can involve long and unpredictable work patterns, and pressure to meet tight schedules. There must be no restriction on the ability of the post holder to travel within the UK or abroad, subject to the BBC’s Conditions of Service Code of Practice and equal opportunities policies.
To assist the Creative Lead and Development Producer of the BBC Studios Writers Academy in all areas of their work as directed.
To log all submissions sent directly by Continuing Drama Series shows or agents.
To manage the sending out and return of scripts to readers.
To help with correspondence to readers, agents and writers.
To assist in the planning and administration of the BBC Studios Writers Academy – booking rooms and equipment, sourcing and copying illustrative material, preparing & distributing handouts, preparing purchase orders, managing the payment of writers and guests fees and expenses, event management, helping with publicity, editing clips, collecting and looking after writers and guests.
To assist with the recruitment selection process
To build a positive working relationship with agents, writers and development staff in the Drama Department.
To develop relationships with contact with the Writersroom & other BBC departments ( eg CBBC, Comedy, Radio Drama etc…)
To facilitate the sharing of information about writers to Continuing Drama Series staff.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.
Administrative and Technical Assistant- BBC Studios Writers’ Academy – BBC – London
BBC job in London
You may also be interested in...
- Head of Research & Development Operations – London – Technicolor – London ⧁ A summary of what you will do: This is a critical requirement for MPC’s R&D ...
- Office Administrator, Digital Production Team – Time Warner – London ⧁ London 18-Apr-2019 Office Administrator, Digital Production Team Turner United Kingdom – London Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169332BR Business Unit_TBS 3520 Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- Production Assistant (Temporary) – Time Warner – Atlanta, GA ⧁ Temporary 15-Apr-2019 Production Assistant (Temporary) Turner United States – Georgia – Atlanta Digital/Interactive Media Requisition # 169255BR Business Unit_TBS CNEWS Industry Advertising, Cable/Broadcast Television Networks, ...
- VFX Production Assistant – Technicolor – London ⧁ Our Production team are responsible for managing the artists, schedules and client expectations of ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...