Videographer/Photographer – Florida TaxWatch – Tallahassee, FL
Company: Florida TaxWatch
Location: Tallahassee, FL
This position’s primary responsibility is to conceptualize and execute the creation and production of multimedia products that will help expand the TaxWatch brand, influence public policy, and reach a new and changing audience throughout the state. This is an entry-level position for someone looking to build a portfolio and gain professional experience in a corporate/non-profit environment.
This position will be responsible for:
- Research-related content—Working with the research and communications teams to conceptualize and create a video library around the research activities of Florida TaxWatch; will include stand-alone “explainer” videos, report-specific “cliffs notes” videos released with the reports, and other products as appropriate
- Event-related content—Recording various parts of each event, and creating pre- and post-event promotional/recap videos to be used to increase attendance at all TaxWatch events
- Media-related content—Recording interviews with staff to be shared with statewide media, coordinating the execution of Skype/FaceTime interviews with staff and statewide media
This position will be the primary photographer for Florida TaxWatch, coordinate staff to ensure maximum coverage for all events and necessary photo opportunities; compile photos into shared galleries online; and ensure that TaxWatch publications have the necessary photography to meet their needs
Communications Team Support
This position will be a member of the TaxWatch Communications and External Affairs Team, and will be asked to provide support to publications, website management, and social media activities as needed. Additional support may be provided to the research team, marketing materials, and other related items.
A successful candidate for this position must be an experienced photographer/videographer; well-versed in the Adobe Creative Suite, with a particular emphasis on Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Illustrator; and be experienced in audio recording and editing.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently to accomplish tasks on a deadline, and work extremely well under pressure in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. He/she will have a knack for making the mundane interesting.
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a digital media production-related course of study, and must provide a reel/portfolio of work upon application.
Applications MUST include: cover letter, resume, and reel/portfolio link.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24,000.00 to $32,000.00 /year
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Premiere Pro: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe After Effects: 1 year (Preferred)
- Photography & Videography: 2 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Company’s Facebook page: