The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Monday, September 28th, 2020
Company: The Villages
Address: The Villages, FL
This position defines the high-end of explanatory journalism by covering a complex topic in a sophisticated way. They direct key coverage areas as both beat reporters and project editors, encouraging innovative storytelling techniques, fostering an atmosphere of collaboration and advancing the development of newsroom staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Generate a steady stream of in depth stories for publication or broadcast.
· Demonstrate a deep level of subject matter mastery, data analysis and ability to comfortably interface with sources at the highest levels of organizational power.
· Gather and verify factual information and authentic detail through interview, observation, and research. Utilize a range of writing techniques within established style, standards and deadlines.
· Translate bureaucratic lingo into clear, concise and reader-friendly language.
· May appear on affiliated TV programs or radio broadcasts, and may be required to write for The Villages Magazine.
· Articulate a vision of journalistic excellence and provide the leadership necessary to achieve the highest level of quality.
· Exercise solid judgment by originating or approving content ideas from their team.
· Deliver a strong community news report by making sound editing decisions, deploying resources strategically and directing superior work under deadline pressure.
· Edit copy and/or visual elements to ensure that slanderous, libelous and profane statements are avoided or deleted.
· Consult legal counsel as needed to ensure that policies and operating procedures comply with federal and state law.
· Represent the newspaper at professional and civic functions, trade shows, social events, and other gatherings to
· Strengthen community relations and support recruiting efforts.
· Assesses the staff’s training needs and makes recommendations for meeting them.
· Take appropriate action with respect to costs and revenues to ensure the department meets its budget goals.
· Foster a culture of collaboration and contribute to a healthy team dynamic.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five years’ experience producing newsgathering under the pressure of daily deadlines.
· Must be computer proficient and familiar with online databases and other research tools and possess a working knowledge of news photography.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to company standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year