Photo/Video Assistant – University of West Florida – Pensacola, FL
Company: University of West Florida
Location: Pensacola, FL
University of West Florida
Job no: 493646
Work type: Student
Location: Pensacola – Main Campus
Categories: Communication, Student
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or [email protected]
Employment based visa sponsorship will NOT be considered for this position.
Position Title (Classification Title):
The Photo/Video Assistant is responsible for assisting in the production, editing and upload of the university’s multimedia assets, as well as other duties as needed within the Office of Institutional Communications.
UMC – Mgt & General
Applicants must be a student enrolled for credit. Applicants may be a student at UWF or any other college, university or high school. A student enrolled at an institution other than UWF must provide proof of attendance by submitting a registration/fee payment receipt from the school they will attend.
The candidate must be organized and detail-oriented. They must have a familiarity with Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Pro, in addition to Canon DSLR systems. The candidate must be able to meet all deadlines and produce work in a timely and efficient manner. Candidates must have sufficient strength to perform light work, lifting loads of up to 20 lbs. Candidates should be willing to work infrequent night or weekend shifts as needed.
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
- % – Assists photographers and videographers on location during photo and video shoots as needed. – (Essential)
- % – Provides production assistance during photo and video shoots, including grip, lighting, gaffing, second shooting, audio or model management, as well as other duties as needed. – (Essential)
- % – Performs event photography and videography. – (Essential)
- % – Edits photos and videos using Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Pro. – (Essential)
- % – Inputs and manages keywords, captions and other metadata. – (Essential)
- % – Creates informative, clever captions for photo assets. – (Essential)
- % – Copyedits cutlines and keywords in photo assets. – (Essential)
- % – Uploads and manages assets on the Institutional Communications server and digital asset management platform. – (Essential)
- % – Assists with pre-production communication with clients, including scheduling, model communication and location scouting. – (Essential)
- % – Facilitates administrative duties including scheduling meetings, preparing information for meetings, managing paperwork, running errands, developing reports, etc. – (Essential)
- % – Manages and inventories camera and video equipment. – (Essential)
- % – Other duties, as assigned. – (Essential)
- Physical Requirements: Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely results would be cuts, bruises, etc.
- Impact of Deadlines: Routine deadlines. Usually sufficient lead time. Variance in work volume, seasonal, and predictable. Priorities can be anticipated. Some interruptions are present. Involves occasional exposure to demands/pressures from persons other than immediate sup.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Frequently
- Reaching with hands and arms: Frequently
- Climbing or balancing: Occasionally
- Stooping: Frequently
- Use of hands to handle objects: Daily
- Lifting up to 10lbs: Daily
- Lifting up to 25lbs: Frequently
- Lifting over 25lbs: Occasionally
- Talking as express or exchange of ideas verbally: Daily
- Hearing as perceive sound by ear: Daily
- Vision as distinguish colors & depth: Daily
Number of Vacancies
Flexible between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Preferred Response Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu.
Applicants are required to attach a cover letter and resume.
An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email [email protected]
- Cover Letter
Advertised: March 11, 2020