The Meteorologist/Weather Anchor is responsible for anchoring, reporting and covering weather related news. This position will report to the News Director.
WTMO in Orlando, FL is looking for an experienced, skilled meteorologist to anchor and produce weather segments across all content platforms, including on-air and the station’s website.
- Tell the market’s weather stories in a way that connects and informs viewers.
- Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
- Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
- Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
- Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
- Use of social media daily and especially during severe events.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.