Library Associate – Assistant Videographer – Pasco County, FL – Hudson, FL
Company: Pasco County, FL
Address: Hudson, FL
Pasco County, FL
Starting Salary: $14.59
Pay Grade: N29
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Libraries Services
General Description: Paraprofessional library work responsible for providing general video graphic and photographic work. Is responsible for developing, monitoring, and maintaining original and engaging photography and video content as well as developing creative ways to attract more customers and promote the Libraries, Public Services, and Pasco County brands in the community.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions: Uses video and photo media for storytelling, branding, and interacting with and engaging our community and stakeholders. Works independently and as part of a larger creative team. Serves as video editing and social media consultant and troubleshooter. Takes media projects from initial concept through completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of current video production equipment (both video and audio) including but not limited to computers, cameras, microphones, digital recording devices, and lights.
- Ability to effectively use a wide variety of media production software.
- Ability to effectively use a wide variety of Social Media resources.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent multitasking skills.
- Ability to lift and carry necessary equipment related to photography/lighting and location shooting.
- Ability to manage complex projects effectively.
- Ability to work under the pressures of tight deadlines and changing customer demands in a fastpaced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to adapt to changes in the library environment.
- Ability to learn and apply complex automated procedures and to utilize computer equipment, the Internet, and new technologies in performance of day-to-day work.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of assigned staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the services and operations of the libraries.
- Knowledge of standard clerical methods and practices.
- One (1) year of library experience preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
Minimum Requirements: PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Job requires walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, crawling, bending, stooping, and reaching. Also requires use of a video display terminal. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, New Media, English, Communications, or related field. One (1) year experience working directly with the public. One (1) year of relevant experience in marketing and/or social media. Proficiency with Hootsuite and basic graphic design experience.
For In-house applicants: This position qualifies for DAP.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.