Instructional Videographer/Production Studio Manager – Northwest Florida State College – Northwest Florida State College – Niceville, FL
Company: Northwest Florida State College
Location: Niceville, FL
Northwest Florida State College
Location: Niceville, FL Category: Professional Posted On: Fri Oct 25 2019 Job Description:
- Manage the production studio in the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning department.
- Keep a current inventory of recording equipment housed in the production studio.
- Maintain records for the equipment designated for faculty use on-site.
- Assist the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning Director in the development of budget for resources to support instruction media recording and production.
- Coordinate all aspects of storytelling through video production from conception through delivery, including storyboarding, content creation, props, budgeting, filming, and organizing the timeline, editing, producing and delivering video for internal and/or external audiences.
- Assist faculty with writing scripts to support the development of interactive video lessons.
- Collaborate with the instructional designer and faculty to ensure learning objectives are being met for each video through regular reviews of scripts, post-production draft edits, and finished videos.
- Direct instructors, students, and/or voiceover talent at shoots, bringing out clear, concise instruction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in video/film production, journalism, multimedia/visual communications, graphic design or related field plus two to four years relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated significant experience editing video using professional products such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and/or Avid.
- Demonstrated understanding of all phases of video production, pre-production through post production.
- Demonstrated ability in sound design, motion graphics and graphic design application.
- Experience in still photography.
- Experience in daily journalism, corporate or higher education video production.
- Previous experience directing talent in video or theater productions preferred.
- Possess a deep understanding of how to proactively conceptualize, script and edit well-thought-out instructional videos.
- Ability to positively and professionally represent the College on campus and in the community.
Classification: Professional I
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.