Freelance Copywriter – Presley Media – Orlando, FL
Company: Presley Media
Location: Orlando, FL
Presley Media is a nationally recognized media agency specializing in the creation, production and distribution of consumer brand integrations via broadcast television. We’re a close-knit, on-the-go, don’t-take-ourselves-too-seriously gang of hard workers grinding out remarkable results for our clients.
Currently, we are hiring Freelance Creative Copywriters for television lifestyle segment scripting. As a freelance creative copywriter, you will receive a brand’s messaging points and craft 2-3 minute scripts for branded video segments as well as some of the content for the visual elements – lower thirds, full screen graphics, etc. You will work closely with our creative and client relations teams – director, project coordinator, videographer, and talent and have input into the piece.
This position is paid per project, which should take approximately 1 hour each once you’re up to speed. Project pay is commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Creative Services Director & Client Relations Director
- Meet with project coordinator to discuss the client’s requirements and core messages
- Responsible for taking a client’s advertising brief and generating original scripts that grab the attention of the target audience.
- Research, write, edit, and proof all levels of copy for television scripts and corresponding web/social media postings.
- Suggest visuals for the copy with other members of the creative team
- Modify copy until the client is satisfied
- Copywriters are also responsible for checking spelling and grammar.
- Solid understanding of who our audience is, what the client is looking for, and how to convey that in the scripting
- As many on our team work remotely, you’ll use Slack, Google Hangouts, email and other digital tools to communicate about assignments, projects and deadlines.
- 15% client briefing & research
- 75% writing assignments
- 10% communication with project coordinator & creative team for assignments and feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Broadcasting/Media, Creative writing, Communications, Advertising, Design, or related subjects.
- Journalistic experience is a plus
- Video experience is a plus
- be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services
- be skilled in writing clear, concise and conversational copy
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- work well in a team and with a range of creative people
- be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- be highly self-motivated and well organized
- be able to see other people’s points of view and take/apply feedback
- Application/Cover Letter
- 2-3 samples of written work
- As a substitute for written work examples, we may request a brief writing exercise
Do you think you’d like a great fit for our team? Then do not miss the chance to be part of our team, and apply today!
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Fully Remote
- Monday to Friday
Company’s Facebook page: