The Director will oversee the various aspects of a broadcast and coordinate all related elements. This includes the sports network newscast, sports talk shows, live sporting events, etc. Interprets the Producer’s vision and works in conjunction with the technical crew to execute vision.
- Use iNEWS (Newsroom Computer System) to create and edit the rundown
- Oversee and facilitate production elements, including graphics, music, and all other related presentation elements
- Meet and coordinate production with show producers; liaison between producers and production
- Call and direct the different shows assigned
- Coordinate and communicate all technical and staging requirements to the production crew
- Provide creative input, e.g., assists the Producer in creating the look of a show, including set design; suggests alternate shots; etc.
- Manage technical crew: directs the crew; conducts performance reviews and provides on-going performance feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- College Degree or equivalent work experience in Broadcast Communications.
- 5-10 years experience in production/directing programs in studio and/or Live Sporting Events.
- Knowledge or Productions Switchers (TD experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Grass Valley Switcher (Kayenne)
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in production, TV studio and control room
- Comfortable with all aspects of studio and remote productions
- Able to make quick decisions and give accurate and clear instructions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Comfort using highly technical and automated systems
- Perform well under pressure and breaking news situations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) required
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.