Director of Media Production and Instructional Technology – Embry-Riddle – Daytona Beach, FL
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
The Department of Instructional Design and Development announces an exciting leadership opportunity. The Director of Media Production and Instructional Technology has a primary responsibility for the successful production of high-quality, instructionally-sound multimedia learning assets executed by the Media Production and Instructional Technology team for use in online teaching and learning.
This position leads a team of the following:
- (1) Videographer/Photographer
- (4) Instructional Technologists
- (2) Student Assistants
Additionally, this role is responsible for digital media development and production services for the department in support of online course production. This department generates state-of-the-art, digital media, audio and visual material in support of graduate and undergraduate courses offered through ERAU Worldwide Online. This role is expected to provide professional coaching and guidance to production staff (Media Production and Instructional Technology team in addition to Instructional Designers) to ensure quality of product by incorporating digital media technologies that enhance learning. The Director will be responsible for the coordination of the production schedule and scope with Executive Director and course production staff to insure timely delivery of course material.
Job Duties Include:
- Oversees the work of other media production staff, to ensure adherence to expected quality, standards, and conventions.
- Supervises and trains media production staff.
- Works with Executive Director of Instructional Design and Development to establish media production standards and policies and communicates those with other team members and faculty.
- Oversees all aspects of the production of multimedia learning assets, which include video production and editing, graphic design, motion graphics, animation, imagery manipulation, incorporation of sourced imagery and video, audio editing and mixing, and related post-production tasks required to create high quality instructional media.
- Determines the most efficient execution of production design.
- Schedules and ensures proper utilization of facilities and personnel for production.
- Works equally well in a team-based and individual context, as the position demands.
- (5-10) years of work related experience
- Master’s degree (Communications, Broadcasting, Video Production, Digital Media, Graphic Arts, Instructional Technology, New Media, Education, or related field)
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in digital media production and at least 5 years of relevant experience in this area.
- Ability to work in an environment with many simultaneous requests for service and to prioritize tasks and to communicate those priorities with tact to end users.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Final Cut Pro and other digital media production tools is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technology-based courseware design and development techniques.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are required including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to provide a comfortable and flexible production environment with professional guidance and coaching.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds of video equipment.
- Normal working conditions will require the regular use of audio, video, and computer equipment. Occasional travel may be required.
- Demonstrated technology skills and ability – LMS management, digital audio and video production, web programming, CSS, graphic design, motion graphics, web layout, and cloud storage management.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Daytona Beach
Job: Information Technology
Education Level: Master’s Degree
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2019, 9:37:41 AM