Shoots, writes, produces and edits television programs, public service announcements and other audio and video communications tools for administrative teams, departments, schools, and the Board, that support the full implementation of the district’s marketing plan.
1. Serves as district videographer by writing scripts and all related materials that meet
the video needs of schools, district departments, board members, senior staff, and
2. Leads the district’s Advance team and assesses conditions, protocol standards and
needs for district and school events and initiatives. Ensures availability beyond
traditional workday hours.
3. Supports the district photographer and serves as official back-up in addressing the
photographic needs of district board members, senior staff, departments, faculty and
schools. Ensures availability beyond traditional workday hours.
4. Produces web-only video content for the district website and electronic
5. Produces district Webcasts (podcasts).
6. Leads and coordinates contract, programming, technical support, and assistance in
the production of PBS/district programs, including School Board meetings
7. Produces quarterly television and radio public service announcements and
disseminates to targeted media. Prepares communications for media and general
8. Establishes annual production schedule/plan of educational and promotional
television programs, public service announcements and podcasts to occur
throughout the year.
9. Provides counsel and support to school-based video program faculty members and student
10. Manages and organizes video news logs and archives of information.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years experience in TV and video production from conception to completion, knowledge of current technology and state of the art in TV and video productions and broadcast including, but not limited to videotape and nonlinear (computer-based) equipment and transmission, and/or classroom teaching experience. TV/Video Production experience preferred.
Certifications & Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of current technology and state of the art TV and video tools, productions, and broadcasting, including videotape and nonlinear (computer-based) equipment and transmission
Knowledge of emerging equipment and production techniques
Strong Final Cut Pro editing software suite skills
Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
Professional level customer service skills
Problem solving skills
Video script writing, editing, and videotaping skills
Ability to advise customers of alternative video production procedures
Ability to coordinate internal and external communication processes
Ability to establish and maintain media relationships