If you are a current University of Tampa student, please search for and apply to student jobs here via Workday. Job applications for current students will not be considered if submitted through the external career center.
Job Title : Assistant Professor of Film, Animation and New Media
Job Duties :
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as 3D Modeling and Printing I, 3D Animation I, 3D Animation II, Visual Effects, Motion Capture Performance, Animation for Interactive Media and Filmmaking.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations or assign this work to others.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, orientation of student projects, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies, such as software and computers and related hardware.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Direct research of graduate students working for advanced academic degrees.
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge i.e. 3-D animation, visual effects, and filmmaking and publish findings in professional journals, books, artistic festivals, professional conferences or electronic media.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- U.S. Master of Fine Arts in Motion Pictures and Television, Digital Media & Design, Animation or Filmmaking
- 24 months of experience in the job offered or as a 3D Animation Artist and Film Director, 3D Animation Artist and Archviz, 3D Animation Artist and Motion Graphics or closely related occupation.
- Candidates must demonstrate their teaching ability and mastery of the field.
Work Schedule :
- 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Employer Name :
Work Location :
- 401 W. Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606
Application Requirement: Please apply on-line for consideration to include a CV/resume attachment ( www.ut.edu/jobs ).
To receive full consideration for a faculty appointment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload documents as required for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check.