Video Technician – Live Events – Live Technologies – Cincinnati, OH
Company: Live Technologies
Location: Cincinnati, OH
LIVE! Technologies and Iacono Production Services are currently hiring event technicians to add to our growing live events team! We are looking for experienced professionals capable of working in both the concert and corporate. If you are looking to step up your career and take on new challenges with a professional event production company, submit your application today! LIVE! offers full time associates salary and overtime eligible positions, paid time off, health benefits, free gym memberships, a matching 401k and more!
This professional will have a successful record of accomplishment in all technical aspects of video production for events, meetings, outdoor shows, concerts, corporate theater and provide daily assistance to the video rental and production department. The Associate will be responsible for; operation; including recording, camera, projection, switching, setup/teardown, and maintenance of video equipment inside our shop and at Live events. Macintosh and PC computer knowledge is a plus. The Associate must work at a timely pace with projects to ensure quality outcome and keep up-to-date records for time utilized. Requires excellent customer-service skills and professionalism when dealing with both external and internal customers. This position will also require working with other departments within the Live Events division.
- Responsible for all day-to-day video technician duties within the Rental and Production Department. Position requires ability to multi-task numerous tasks working under deadlines.
- Prepare video, lighting and audio systems, transport, set up, operate and tear down events as needed
- Assist warehouse staff to assure the proper amount of equipment is sent to each event in suitable working condition.
- Assist with loading and unloading of all equipment for Company events.
- Prepare and assist with the check in/out of equipment rentals per Logistics Manager specifications
- Maintain and repair video systems
- Direct and assist local crews, assembling and disassembling of all show equipment while maintaining a safe working environment
- Complete trucking inspections and paperwork as required and as per federal regulations.
- Coordinate logistics with other Rental and Production departments and assist as an audio, lighting, video, or stage technician.
- Prepare video systems, assist with loading and unloading, transport, set up, operation, and tear down of all equipment for all events assigned.
- Prepare and assist with the check in/out of equipment rentals per Video Operation Manager specifications and customer needs.
- Set-up and operate pro-video related recording, systems including cameras, video/data projectors, computers, microphones, and mixers.
- Record, archive analog/digital video and audio for documentation, preservation, and broadcast.
- Operate specialized and standard video camera systems, such as; HD Broadcast, Standard SDI Broadcast and ENG
- Maintain and repair specialized and standardized video equipment.
- Troubleshoot, adjust and perform routine maintenance of related media equipment.
- Assist in operation (on jobsite) of related media materials for video, audio, photographic, slides and multimedia applications (such as PowerPoint).
- Evening and weekend hours are required to accommodate varied work schedule.
- Ability to climb and work (hang screens/projectors, adjust, and repair) at heights in excess of 30′ before, during and after performances.
The Video Technician will be accountable to the Video Operations Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members of the Company.
- Requires a four-year degree in Video Production education OR equal on the job experience.
- 5 Years minimum experience or combination of training and/or education in Video as it relates to live performance.
- In depth understanding of video camera operation and related technology, operation of video switchers with the ability to use and understand various kinds of test equipment, tools, and meters.
- Position requires experience with specific gear including: Large venue DLP/LCD Projectors, Folsom – Screen Pro Plus / Screen Pro II/ Encore System Production Switchers and Routing, Ross Synergy Production Switchers and Routing, Grass Valley Indigo Production Switching and Routing, Multi-Camera Switching and Directing, Multi-Screen Switching and Directing
- Basic understanding of electrical principles, stage plots and basic computer literacy is required.
- Knowledge of audio as it relates to video and know the audio path with live audio / sound reinforcement experience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, superior analytical, communicative, and creative problem-solving proficiencies to evaluate and solve problems in a timely manner.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Office, FileMaker Pro and Unique Business Systems, R2.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current drivers license.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Associate is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Climb and work at height in excess of 30 feet.
- Lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Travel is required.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.