Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Multi-Camera Television Production – University of Cincinnati – Cincinnati, OH
Company: University of Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH
University of Cincinnati
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
The Electronic Media Division of the University of Cincinnati seeks a creative individual with a passion for teaching for a tenure-track Assistant Professor appointment in the area of Multi-Camera Television Production and as the Coordinating Multi-Camera Producer for ESPN+ programming of UC Athletics. The position begins July 1 , 2020. The successful candidate will primarily teach classes in remote multi-camera television production, studio television production, and advanced multi-camera television production. In addition, the successful candidate may also teach classes in film and television production, documentary film production, broadcast news production, audio production, postproduction, and/or new media production. In the Coordinating Producer role, the candidate will work with UC Athletics in multi-camera production coverage of live UC Bearcat sporting events that will be streamed on ESPN+. This includes the hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating student workers who will serve as part of the production crew. The position will require some nights and weekend work.
The Electronic Media Division (E-Media) offers a four-year Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with curricular tracks in film and television production, multimedia production and broadcast news production. Each track is focused on the creation of content while emphasizing media writing, aesthetics and theory. The division is a vital creative cog in the array of programs that reside at the College-Conservatory of Music (CCM), a preeminent performing and media arts institution. These include B.F.A. programs in acting, dance, commercial music production, musical theatre, opera and theatre design and production. The E-Media division enrolls around 200 majors and has eight full-time faculty who are all presented with unique interdisciplinary creative collaborative opportunities (both curricular and extra-curricular) within this creative community at CCM and across the University of Cincinnati campus.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a collaborative initiative between the Electronic Media Division and UC Athletics in the production of remote multi camera productions of Bearcat Sports for ESPN that will launch in Fall Semester 2020.
- Collaborate effectively with both Electronic Media Division and UC Athletics faculty, staff, and administrators in the planning, development, and execution of related duties that maintain and strengthen the Division’s relationship with UC Athletics in this unique initiative.
- Assist in the ongoing implementation of remote multi camera productions with many of the performing arts programs in the College-Conservatory of Music for streaming and archived distribution.
- Contribute to program curriculum development that integrates this initiative into and across divisional curricular tracks in the area of remote multi-camera production and sports media production classes.
- Teach an assigned course load in accordance with the assigned course outline of record.
- Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods (including online courses) and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions.
- Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in divisional meetings and committees.
- Perform some late afternoon and/or evening assignments as required as part of their regular workload responsibilities.
There are ample opportunities for creative cross-disciplinary collaborations within CCM and across the UC campus. The successful candidate will also be expected to develop a sustained output of scholarly and/or creative contributions and serve the college and community, while maintaining regular office hours in the division in order to advise and mentor students.
This appointment is expected to be at the rank of Assistant Professor and salary will be commensurate with educational background and experience. To ensure fullest consideration, applications should be submitted by, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the University community. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths or experiences in this area.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree with 5-10 years of significant professional experience in multi-camera production and some teaching experience. Professional experience in multi-camera sports productions and proficiency with current digital switchers, cameras, audio equipment and other remote multi-cam production equipment. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Ideal Qualifications: M.F.A. in film, television or video production (or other relevant terminal degree), with 5-7 years of significant professional experience in multi-camera sports productions, university-level teaching experience and mastery of current digital switchers and cameras, and other remote multi-cam production equipment. A demonstrated commitment to collaboration with UC athletics and other programs in the performing arts. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Include indicators of teaching effectiveness, professional experience, links to a current creative portfolio, and three references with their contact information.
The University of Cincinnati is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS