Part-Time Production Engineer – TEGNA – Toledo, OH
Location: Toledo, OH
WTOL-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Toledo, Ohio is seeking a part-time Broadcast Engineer to join our experienced and accomplished team to create technically excellent television.
This role will:
- be responsible for a facet of live television production, possibly including:
- operating studio cameras for live newscasts
- performing all audio duties for a newscast (distribute mics and IFB, control audio board, etc.)
- operating master control, including documentation, timing coordination, live shot tuning, and more
- directing overall production of live newscasts
- perform general master control duties
- monitor up to six program streams with automation
- maintain documentation and station logs
- ingest material for future playback
- First and foremost we need folks who can work with a team in the pressure of a live television environment
- Preference given to those with prior television experience
- Willingness to train and adapt
- Ability to look forward and anticipate problems
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Computer literacy and digital video comprehension are helpful
- Shifts are generally stable, and will be primarily weekend evenings
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.