Meteorologist – TEGNA – Cincinnati, OH
Location: Cincinnati, OH
WKYC is looking for a Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe weather and telling a compelling weather story even on bright sunny days. We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field, being an integral part of severe weather coverage, and reaching our consumers not only on TV, but online and on social media. The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. Another “must have” is to understand the importance of community involvement by speaking at schools and other community functions.
- Provide accurate weather forecasts using the most accurate weather technology in a multi-platform environment
- Write, edit, and report on weather content from the field or inside the newsroom
- Produces clean and informative graphics to tell the weather story
- Updates website and social media platforms as necessary
- Makes public appearances
- Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community at all times
- Bachelor degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science required.
- Minimum of one – three years of on air experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist
- Applicants should have, or be qualified to apply for, the AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist or the AMS Seal of Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, graphics, etc. to various digital media platforms
- Be available to work a flexible schedule and fill-in when necessary
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Current valid driver’s license and excellent driving history required
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.