Live Entertainment – Operations Supervisor Production Tech – Cedar Fair – Sandusky, OH
Company: Cedar Fair
Location: Sandusky, OH
Responsible for the operation of multiple technical sections within the Live Entertainment Department. Sections may include Live Entertainment Area Supervisors, Stage Managers, Team Leads, Special Event Technicians, Haunt Technicians, and Entertainment Technicians. Responsibilities include daily operation of area, hiring/supervising/training technicians and supervisors, creating and executing technician daily schedules, providing guest service, etc. Oversees the installation and operation of show and event product. Installs, operates and maintains technical equipment for productions and events.
- Supervises associates including training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, and other supervisor functions.
- Ensures departmental goals and objectives are communicated to and implemented by personnel under his/her supervision.
- Works with all sections within the Live Entertainment Department to ensure superior show product.
- Ensures all show elements are safe, properly operating, and clean.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to management, associates, and guests.
- Resolve guest and associate concerns.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationship with other departments.
- Coordinates and carries out logistics of Special Events, as assigned.
- Ensures the accuracy of associate time in the Time and Attendance System program.
- Work closely with others in the department to maintain proper staffing levels.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires associates for the department.
- Maintains associate schedules.
- Follows and enforces all park and department policies and procedures.
- Accurately completes necessary paperwork (i.e. show reports, attendance records, time off requests, schedules, etc.)
- Adheres to budgetary guidelines and ensures adequate supplies to complete job tasks.
- Procures supplies following established departmental accounting procedures.
- Promotes teamwork and a positive atmosphere throughout the Live Entertainment Department.
- Maneuverability and mobility to work within park.
- Uses critical thinking and practices situational judgment.
- Maintains files, records and reports.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Installs and operates show production technical equipment, including sets, lights, sounds, video elements, and backstage.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment failure and works to resolve any issues safely and efficiently.
- Assists with load in and load out of shows, events, Haunt and other park activities and productions.
- Prepares facilities for daily activities, i.e. Rehearsals, clean ups, maintenance calls, shows, special events, etc.
- Ensures smooth operation of all events and shows.
- Works with team to set up lights, staging, sets, sound, video and special effects, even if not in area of expertise.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and implements department handbooks for supervisors and line associates.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have worked on multiple productions in professional entertainment settings, whether stage, concert, amusement park, film TV, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the daily operations of a professional theater environment.
- Ability to teach and lead associates with varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to use show control and equipment for various performance venues.
- Ability to lead associates to achieve department and division goals.
- Prior Supervisory experience in theme park and/or entertainment venue.
- Show control experience a plus. Including Qlab, ETC Lighting Control Systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.