Lighting Technician – Live Events – Live Technologies – Columbus, OH
Company: Live Technologies
Location: Columbus, OH
LIVE! Technologies and Iacono Production Services are currently hiring event technicians to add to our growing live events team! We are looking for experienced professionals capable of working in both the concert and corporate. If you are looking to step up your career and take on new challenges with a professional event production company, submit your application today! LIVE! offers full time associates salary and overtime eligible positions, paid time off, health benefits, free gym memberships, a matching 401k and more!
- Must be able to perform creative and comprehensive lighting programming for customers, integrating conventional, moving lights, LED fixtures and media servers for set and performances.
- Operate various lighting consoles such as Jands Vista, Road Hog Full Boar, and Martin M1
- Must be able to set up, program, and trouble shoot a variety of moving lights, LEDs and conventional fixtures.
- Must possess the ability to take direction from clients, technical directors, producers, and other members of the events team.
- Prepare lighting systems, transport, set up, operate, and tear down for all events assigned.
- Use strong technical, troubleshooting, and problem solving and communication skills to overcome challenges in a high pressure show environment.
- Work in varying show sites that include arenas, ballrooms, tents, outdoor venues, and other sites from pre rig through the event and load out
- Work in a warehouse environment to prepare all equipment per Operation Manager’s specifications
- Assist the Lighting Operations manager in assuring that the proper amount of equipment is sent to each event in suitable working condition
- Assist with loading and unloading of all equipment for Live Technologies events.
- Maintain and repair intelligent and conventional lighting fixtures and related systems
- Direct and assist local crews, assembling and disassembling of all show equipment while maintaining a safe working environment
- Complete trucking inspections and paperwork as required and as per federal regulations.
- Coordinate logistics with other Rental and Production departments and assist in audio, video or stage setup.
- Assist with event lighting and multi-media designs.
- Understand, operate and troubleshoot three phase power distribution, hoist systems, dimming systems, and elevated work platforms.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Three Years experience of controlling and operating lighting equipment such as conventional and moving light consoles, moving lights, LED equipment, media servers and associated controllers, and all forms of conventional lighting instruments.
- Previous experience in focusing all manner of lights for corporate events, video shoots, concerts and TV.
- Qualifications include experience or combination of training and/or education in electric as it relates to live performance.
- Must have the ability to use and understand various kinds of test equipment, tools, and meters such as volt, ohm, and amp meters.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles, formulas, drawings and stage lighting plots.
- Experience with all manner of rigging and safety equipment.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, superior analytical, communicative, and creative problem-solving proficiencies to evaluate and solve problems in a timely manner.
The Lighting Technician will be accountable to the Lighting Operations Manager Secondary accountability will be to the Director of Operations, the Vice President of Live Events, and other management team members of the Company
The successful Candidate will have the ability to stand on a concrete floor for long periods of time and lift and/or move equipment at least 60 pounds on a repetitive basis. The Candidate must be able to lift equipment from floor height to over-head while loading/unloading trucks or preparing gear for events. Candidate must have the ability to climb and work (focus, adjust, and repair) at heights in excess of 40′ before, during, and after events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Office, email
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Associate is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Valid and current drivers license.
The position requires travel.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.