Under general supervision, the Stadium Host/Cashier greets and seats restaurant guests and controls flow. Stadium Hosts/Cashiers are part of the Ladies & Gents of Belterra Park program.
The Ladies and Gents of Belterra Park will represent and highlight the Pinnacle/Ameristar brand by offering a continuous entertainment experience for Belterra Pak guests and the general public through hosting, entertainment routines, modeling and public relations activities.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Boyd Gaming Way: Always exhibit a friendly and approachable demeanor. Be polite and courteous when speaking with guests and team members. Look for and act upon opportunities to assist guests and team members. Be sincere and genuine during all interactions. Be prepared with the knowledge and skill required to be responsive to guests and team member’s needs and questions.
- Responsible for learning and being familiar with all of Boyd Gaming’s room outlets, Host/Cashier functions, and for being able to answer general questions regarding the property.
- Maintain a well-groomed, neat and clean appearance, in accordance to the requirements of the Ladies & Gents of Belterra Park contract.
- Models, appears in television, radio, and print (including billboards) advertisements and performs public relations activities.
- Performs individual or group entertainment routines similar to a Las Vegas presentation at designated Property or off-Property locations.
- Anticipate the guest’s needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Provide superior guest service by positively affecting interactions with guests and team members.
- Keep entry area clean and organized.
- Work in cooperation with other service personnel to provide a high quality of service.
- 10. Greet and seat guests at tables according to guest preference and table availability.
- Inform guests of restaurant specials, feature items and personal favorites.
- Coordinate with food servers, bus persons and other restaurant personnel in providing guest service.
- Assist food servers and food runners in table maintenance and clean when necessary.
- Keep reservation system and host area stocked with necessary equipment, forms and supplies.
- Ensure dining and serving areas are set up and maintained according to standard.
- Accurately account for and collect payment for all drink orders through POS system in a timely manner.
- Required to participate in wearing special event uniforms provided for Holidays and other special occasions deemed by management.
- Carry out and follow through with preparation and other requirements of all event requests, on and off property.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, hours of operations, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
- Limit problems related to guests’ excessive drinking by providing responsible alcohol service and applying any training from the responsible alcohol certification course.
- Abide by all State, State Gaming, Federal and Corporate liquor Regulations. Also pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Observe and adhere to Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature, and cleanliness of work environment.
- Use and maintain all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe and effective manner.
- Consistent attendance at company/restaurant training programs as they are scheduled.
- Carry out duties with attention to detail, sanitation and safety.
- Complete opening, closing and other side duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Collect and accurately report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Pass all tests given including the training in order to retain the knowledge needed to be an effective server.
- Possess the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and possess the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Perform all job functions assigned by management, in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Standard Operating Procedures manual to ensure consistent execution of company and department standards.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with guests
- Demonstrated proper telephone etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to operate electronic reservation system and flow charts
These skills are typically acquired through at least one year experience directly related to the accountabilities specified or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 – $12.00 per hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly