Executive Producer – Nexstar Broadcasting – Youngstown, OH
Company: Nexstar Broadcasting
Location: Youngstown, OH
WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio needs an energetic news junkie to lead 6 hours of local morning newscasts. The ideal candidate has these skills:
Passion. Social savvy. Organization. Leadership. Strong Writing. Winner.
If you have these dimensions, you can help grow our 2-hours of simultaneous, competitive morning newscasts on the CBS & ABC affiliates, and 2 more hours on our FOX station. This position line produces, supervises 3 other producers, 2 sets of anchors and reporters, and oversees live newscasts across three network affiliates.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to set the morning agenda, include new-now-next information in every story, win with weather, write in active voice, consistently report breaking news first and cover major local news. Previous management experience is an advantage. This position requires at least 2 years’ experience in a commercial newsroom. At least a year of that experience should include producing.
You’ll get to live in a community with great food, great people and Ohio’s largest metropolitan park. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is also midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns or Steelers game in an hour.
JOB SUMMARY: The executive producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces at least one hour of a live newscast.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives.
- Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices.
- Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent. At least 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!