Position Grade: 29
Xavier University, a Jesuit Catholic institution, seeks qualified applications for an Athletic Communications Video Coordinator for the Athletics Department. This is a full time exempt position and will report to the Associate Athletic Director for Communications.
The Athletic Communications Video Coordinator will develop and manage all video content initiatives for the Xavier official web site, GoXavier.com, and all Xavier social media platforms. Manage data analytics to determine the effectiveness and reach of content and use the information to update Xavier’s strategic video coverage plan.
- Create quality, relevant, creative original content (GIFs, videos, graphics, etc.) for all platforms for all 18 intercollegiate sports; prioritize and execute the strategies. Create pieces to be used across multiple platforms, including but not limited to: social media platforms, in-venue, GoXavier.com and recruiting initiatives.
- Video content strategic leader that develops and manages video strategies for Xavier athletics social media accounts and other digital platforms; prioritize and execute the strategies. Research best practices for all platforms.
- Create compelling videos that tell Xavier stories that strengthen Xavier’s brand loyalty, while enhancing the overall fan experience and engagement.
- Manage content and plan specific, timely posts. Create a weekly/monthly editorial video calendar based on the content goals, including athletic contests and special events (XSPYs, Devin’s Game, Buddy Walk, Hall of Fame, AFO functions, etc.)
- Recruit, train and supervise student interns to support the video and multimedia content goals for Xavier Athletics and all sports.
- Manage the technology and equipment needs in partnership with Cintas Center Tech Services.
- Manage the historical video archives for Xavier Athletics for all 18 intercollegiate sports in in partnership with Athletics Technical Services. Manage the inventory of video assets for use in a variety of projects, including features, banquets, anniversary celebrations and other university initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, film, communications or related field.
- Excellent organizational skills, work ethic and detail-oriented approach.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and to work efficiently on short deadlines.
- Ability to train and supervise a team of intern(s) and student(s) to accomplish video goals.
- At least two years of video-related experience beyond the candidate’s undergraduate experience.
- Experience with producing creative and captivating video content for various social and digital platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of video equipment and operation, including lighting, shooting, editing and post-production work
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of other video programs is a plus.
- Working knowledge of sports. Experience with collegiate sports is a plus.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume with at least three references, demo reel, and handles of all personal social media. Submit materials online on Xavier University’s website no later than June 4, 2019.
For more information about Xavier Athletics visit: https://goxavier.com/
XAVIER UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER