Assistant News Director – Hearst Television Inc. – Cincinnati, OH
Hearst Television Inc. job in Cincinnati, OH
Hearst Television Inc.
WLWT-TV the NBC Affiliate in Cincinnati, OH is looking for a dynamic, creative, self-motivated Assistant News Director to drive daily content, big stories, breaking news and special projects. The candidate must be knowledgeable, passionate, engaged, accountable and competitive, leading the news team to build its brand and achieve audience goals. The ideal candidate will generate ideas for improving workflow, content and production to drive audience growth on television and all digital platforms. The Assistant News Director will work closely with the News Director on strategic planning and hiring, among other assigned duties. We are looking for a leader and coach committed to our upholding our news mission of “Leading the Way” in one America’s most competitive news markets.
- Manage day-to-day coverage, major events, and breaking news across all broadcast and digital platforms
- Carry out strategies to increase ratings and performance in all newscasts
- Lead aggressive breaking news and weather coverage
- Sets the bar in editorial planning and follows through with producers and reporters during the day to make sure the visionary plan for the day is reflected in newscasts and online
- Responsible for news staff development and training in coordination with other news managers
- Participates in the performance review process for staff
- Manage script approval process
- Assist News Director in all recruiting and training efforts
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...