Animator – Cleveland Indians – Cleveland, OH
Company: Cleveland Indians
Location: Cleveland, OH
Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Indians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Animator will be responsible for assisting with conceptualizing, designing, animating and editing original content for the Live Experience Department and Indians organization. They will work cross-functionally to produce and execute innovative, current and engaging content for corporate partners, social media and in-game entertainment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provide support and collaborate with the Corporate Partnerships sales and service team to conceptualize, create and produce engaging content for gamedays and social media
- Assist and provide support for all partner gameday content creation, including digital assets such as: scoreboard, LED’s, Lbars, GIPs, sweeps and in-house TV channels
- Act as a liaison with corporate partners and/or agencies to aid content creation by providing technical specifications, brand guidelines and timeline communication
- Ensure correct partner content is loaded and running for each game
- Communication with seasonal scoreboard crew before homestands and/or games to ensure they have the proper partner information including: schedule, graphics, greetings and features
- Provide support for partner pitch meetings
- Ensure corporate partnership content meets Indians Brand Guidelines
- Provide support and collaborate with the Communications and Player Relations team to create and produce engaging, compelling content for social media
- Assist with trafficking all social media animations, graphics and videos
- Capitalize on trending topics by creating quick turn animations, graphics or videos
- Gather assets (original and stock), including images and video
- Provide support and assist with creating variations of content for each Indians social media account
- Ensure social content aligns with Indians social media voice and/or Brand story
General Department Duties
- Directly report to the Manager, 3D Animation and provide support
- Assist with organization of animation and design element files
- Support the production team with animation and graphics as needed
- Contribute original and fresh ideas during brainstorming sessions, including rundown meetings
- Other duties as directed by department Manager
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animation, Motion Design, Design or related field – or equivalent professional experience
- Skills related to video editing, animations and in-game sports entertainment
- Experience in animation and design for social media
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in Cinema 4D or other 3D rending software
- Some knowledge of scoreboard control systems including Daktronics and Ross a plus
- Knowledge of baseball rules and understanding of baseball scoring
- Awareness of popular culture and trending topics
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Highly-organized, with good time management skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, look for positive outcomes
- Team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Understanding of game scripting/rundown development process
- Available to work extended hours annually, especially during season for all home games as dictated by job responsibilities and workload
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended (up to four hour) periods.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be available days, nights, weekends, holidays.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Indians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with multicultural populations and have a commitment to fairness and equality.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)