WLWT, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate located in Cincinnati is searching for an experienced Weekend Morning Anchor/Reporter. The Anchor/Reporter is someone who can bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk each day. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we’re looking for an anchor who will head out into the field and break big stories. Our next anchor/reporter will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who work hand in hand with producers and reporters to build excellent newscasts. Our anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live reporting skills.
- Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
- Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
- Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
- Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
- Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
- Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
- Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
- Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Past anchor experience required
- Past reporting experience required
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
- Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work